Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:15pm... PHL, NYC, CT, NH, ME --- AFDs are out and warnings are up, including a Blizzard Warning in NYC...

is Taunton sweating this NW trend....?

I think the line between WSW/Blizzard Warning is hard to predict for certain and with the gravity of the situation and the lack of ramp-up in reporting this storm it's best to go to the worst-case scenario of a Blizzard as west as possible. A lot of people are going to be caught off guard because the wunderground 10-day forecasts only didn't explicitly say the strength of the storm moving through.

Ryan or others with access to better info than I have, just curious if there's a good time frame when things might get going as far as snow from the north east corner of ct to Western, Ma.? Our plan is to travel from 8:00am from Brooklyn, ct to Williamstown Ma. My thought is that we will miss the heavy stuff, but it almost seems like the storm wants to get here quicker (blizzard warnings now in place).

I think the line between WSW/Blizzard Warning is hard to predict for certain and with the gravity of the situation and the lack of ramp-up in reporting this storm it's best to go to the worst-case scenario of a Blizzard as west as possible. A lot of people are going to be caught off guard because the wunderground 10-day forecasts only didn't explicitly say the strength of the storm moving through.

yeah and with stores only opening sunday morning, we're gonna see a mad rush...

RGEM says suicide watch cancelled.

No Sweat cweat. I'm completely confident MBY is going to see a mix... pingers or rain? Don't care really and possibly could be jackpotted The nowcast overnight tomorow is going to be fun watching unfold. Saving grace will be duration will be shortlived!

Ray we always be on the line. I more than you

RELAX please.

I may not be able to go to work. That would be a GD shame :thumbsup:

FWI: 8

Any further NW even I may have to be concerned about mixing lol. BOS is really on the fence right now as it is. I an sure I get dry slotted at some point, not before a good thump first though. Would really prefer the 500 mb low to be a litle bit farther S than what the RGEM shows though.

Archived