Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the AFDs people.

Oh...

CT...BLIZZARD WARNING FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY FOR CTZ007>012. WINTER STORM WARNING FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY FOR CTZ005-006.NY...BLIZZARD WARNING FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY FOR NYZ071>075-078>081-176>179. WINTER STORM WARNING FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY FOR NYZ067>070.NJ...BLIZZARD WARNING FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY FOR NJZ002-004-006-103>108.

355 PM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST

MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SUNDAY TO 6 PM EST MONDAY.

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...NEW YORK CITY AND ITS

IMMEDIATE SUBURBS...LONG ISLAND...AND COASTAL AND INTERIOR

SOUTHEAST CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...WITH CONSIDERABLE

BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW AND NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY AT TIMES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...11 TO 16 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS

POSSIBLE IN HEAVIER SNOW BANDS WHOSE EXACT LOCATION IS STILL TOO

EARLY TO DETERMINE. SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN AND

SLEET AT THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT ACROSS

EASTERN LONG ISLAND...AND POSSIBLY ACROSS COASTAL SOUTHEAST

CONNECTICUT...WHICH COULD HOLD DOWN AMOUNTS THERE...BUT ONLY

AFTER SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS HAVE ALREADY TAKEN PLACE.

* IMPACTS...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS DEVELOPING DUE

TO SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...AND STRONG WINDS CAUSING

CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW. VISIBILITIES WILL BE

NEAR ZERO AT TIMES...WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS EXPECTED. STRONG

WINDS MAY ALSO DOWN SOME POWER LINES...TREE LIMBS...AND

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL LIKELY BEGIN DURING SUNDAY

MORNING...THEN BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES FROM LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON

INTO MUCH OF SUNDAY NIGHT. LIGHT SNOWS WILL LIKELY LINGER INTO

MONDAY MORNING AND POSSIBLY INTO MONDAY AFTERNOON.

* WINDS....DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM SUNDAY NIGHT...NORTH

WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS 40 TO 55

MPH...HIGHEST ACROSS CENTRAL AND EASTERN LONG ISLAND.

Ray, relax though..for now you look good!

hey dorchester... see my posts earlier... the trends don't look good for you / me / fella and others in boston burbs, and i would not be surprised to see one final nudge NW in the 0Z-6Z suite, i hope i'm wrong but i've been here before... high pressure is not in ideal position to keep such intense storms from plowing up into LI / over CC

i hope i'm wrong but the trend is not good

Ray, relax though..for now you look good!

Key words bolded.....................

I think this is a classic over trend....this will subtlety settle SE again. I'm ready for bands to spread in from the SE and flood the radar in a seemingly endless deluge from the snow gods. Thinking of walking down the street with a few friends to the bar during the peak!

hey dorchester... see my posts earlier... the trends don't look good for you / me / fella and others in boston burbs, and i would not be surprised to see one final nudge NW in the 0Z-6Z suite, i hope i'm wrong but i've been here before... high pressure is not in ideal position to keep such intense storms from plowing up into LI / over CC

i hope i'm wrong but the trend is not good

I wouldn't be surprised if Boston gets screwed because I'm here. Really, I'm making efforts to get out west before this thing hits so that the east can get hammered.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boston gets screwed because I'm here. Really, I'm making efforts to get out west before this thing hits so that the east can get hammered.

funny, we were supposed to fly out to LA yesterday and come back into BOS on Monday. my wife got sick at the last minute and we canceled, so I was pretty relieved thinking the flight back would be canceled anyways. Looks like a solid bet.

I have to admit, Gray, Maine put one hell of a discussion together, nice job. I agree and applaud them. For me in the Portland, ME area, this may be one of the most exciting storms I can remember. I think I will be on the line that see's between 15-20 inches.

I actually checked to see if Ekster did the write-up (he didn't). 24 hours +/- to game time. What an unbelieveable feeling ... I don't want to go to sleep tonight ... or tomorrow ..... or tomorrow night.

I have to admit, Gray, Maine put one hell of a discussion together, nice job. I agree and applaud them. For me in the Portland, ME area, this may be one of the most exciting storms I can remember. I think I will be on the line that see's between 15-20 inches.

Yea.. I love my spot in mht!

I actually checked to see if Ekster did the write-up (he didn't). 24 hours +/- to game time. What an unbelieveable feeling ... I don't want to go to sleep tonight ... or tomorrow ..... or tomorrow night.

Go for a nice walk tonight and breath in the fresh air...Ahhhh, the calm before the storm! Nothing better. Chaos in t-minus 24 hours

Archived