Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn is the NAM amped up. LP over E LI and 850 0C flirting with TAN at 36hr? Pouring snow in SNE/CNE 30-36.

The NAM now is close to bringing this into CT. It almost does it this run. Not usually a favorable snow track, let's be honest, for most of SE NE. Sure front end thump, but if this is right a lot of warmer air is going to intrude.

NCEP called it, they said the NAM was probably too weak in the southern stream but didnt think that it would have a huge effect. In the end it does help to tuck this back amongst other things on this run.

Absolutely staggeringly bad performances by models if this is close to right or it ends up even more exreme. Blizzard in western Maine FTW. Sure everyone else gets a good front end or regular snow dump, but we've gone from outside the BM to LI in less than 24 hours inside of 42-60.

I like 8-15. Probably won't bump up until the morning. But I do certainly think there will be a 12-20 band somewhere.

They're def will be. NYC looks like a sweet spot possibly right now on nw side of low. Maybe another area of CT or wrn mass. Then, perhaps second area ORH eastto near BOS. BOS could be tainted for a little while.

I'm a bit worried about dry slot potential in some spots too. With a sfc low over MTP there's always problems somewhere nearby. The NAM really crushes the NYC area which tells me that it's possible the best frontogenesis and cold conveyorbelt action winds up west of many of us. MRG for the win?

There will be a 12-20" band somewhere... maybe a 2 foot lolli somwhere but I think it's too early to pin that down now.

LOL when I told moneymike that the NCEP error noted in the NAM should have meant it went NW...holy crap didn think this much.

Going to be huge up at sunday river, HUGE! Just what we needed as next week doesn't look particularly cold.

Even albany gets smoked. This low is getting so far NW if it doesn't stop congrats VT/ENY/NH/ME

Sounds good to me. Got that fat boards out ready to stomp. I'll be skinning up somewhere in the pre-dawn light Monday.

12-18 line N and W of PYM. 4-8 for most of the Cape.

If the NAM is right, 6-12 Boston to SE PVD. If it tracks to LI it will underdo warm air but to the NW should be fine thats just my opinion. Another ten miles NW and it's going to be a real issue.. It'll be enough to contaminate things. SE of about Marshfield to New Bedford 4-7/3-6, SE of Exit 4 on Rte 3 to east wareham 2-4/3-6. That's if I'm reading the maps right and it takes it up to about the middle of LI.

Ski country gets blasted. High ratios, cold temperatures, beautiful white gold. They must be so freaking happy right now.

I'm a bit worried about dry slot potential in some spots too. With a sfc low over MTP there's always problems somewhere nearby. The NAM really crushes the NYC area which tells me that it's possible the best frontogenesis and cold conveyorbelt action winds up west of many of us. MRG for the win?

There will be a 12-20" band somewhere... maybe a 2 foot lolli somwhere but I think it's too early to pin that down now.

I went with parts of central/eastern MA into portions of N. RI for the highest amounts form possible banding. I could definitely see this shift west though.

Whudda thunk. We shall see. Why not come visit the folks down in Willliamburg?

Archived