• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

THEREFOR COMBINATION OF STORM FORCE TO HURRICANE WINDS AND BUILDING 1500+ FOOT SEAS OFFSHORE WILL PRODUCE A STORM SURGE THAT COULD REMOVE CAPE COD AND MOST COASTAL COMMUNITIES OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET. IN ADDITION...SOME BEACH EROSION WILL BE

POSSIBLE

BAHAHAHA!! Saving that and printing it out. By far greatest weather related article i have ever read.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looks like it would have intense banding signal for central/eastern MA down to RI and NE CT at 42-48 hours.

Will, "Someguy" who's not too be mentioned was just agreeing that the Euro qpf is likely underdone owing to this being so close in time to the event. Do you agree? What mechanism is responsible for this?

At storms height 12Z NAM:

When I ran the grib data in Wingridds the 0C the furthest inroads ran from a line immediately along the coast 5-10 miles from approx Cape Ann down to CT/RI border on the coast. The 2C was from Hull to MA/RI border on the coast. It had the typical rounded 0C to the E of Taunton. A real tight gradiant Everyone N&W GOLDEN

The latest hot of the presses- and still pouring

THEREFOR COMBINATION OF STORM FORCE TO HURRICANE WINDS AND BUILDING 1500+ FOOT SEAS OFFSHORE WILL PRODUCE A STORM SURGE THAT COULD REMOVE CAPE COD AND MOST COASTAL COMMUNITIES OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET. IN ADDITION...SOME BEACH EROSION WILL BE

POSSIBLE

BAHAHAHA!! Saving that and printing it out. By far greatest weather related article i have ever read.

Yeah and he also mentioned snownados (probably got Paul all riled up lol) the only thing he missed was the megatsunami thats going to hit!

new from NCEP:

THE 12Z EUROPEAN IS VERY SIMILAR IN TRACK AND INTENSITY TO THE 00Z

RUN AND BY ITSELF COULD BE CONSIDERED A GOOD FORECAST CHOICE.

SINCE IT IS NOW RELATIVELY CLOSE TO ALL THE OTHER MODELS ANY

COMBINATION WOULD LIKELY GET A PRETTY REASONABLE FORECAST FOR THE

STORM. AS THE STORM PASSES OFF SOUTHEAST NEW ENGLAND...THE 12Z RUN

IS SLOWER THAN THE PREVIOUS VERSION AND SOMEWHAT RESEMBLES THE 12Z

UKMET STALLING THE LOW FOR A FULL DAY...IMPLYING SLOWER ENDING TIMES

FOR SNOW ACROSS EASTERN CT.

WITH THE CONVERGENCE OF ALL 12Z MODELS...MOST COMBINATION OF ANY

AND EACH WOULD PROBABLY MAKE FOR A GOOD BLEND ESP THE SNOWIER

MODELS FOR ANY GIVEN LOCATION.

The map he posted had all of CT except far NW CT between 1-1.25

Edit..even before he posted the one in this thread..Even higher amts on SE CT..though maybe some mixing down near GON

I think looking at his NYC map it was just an oversight. He put a good one up here, we should all thank him as nobody else takes that time to do it.

Will, "Someguy" who's not too be mentioned was just agreeing that the Euro qpf is likely underdone owing to this being so close in time to the event. Do you agree? What mechanism is responsible for this?

The qpf could definitely be a bit underdone due to the bombing nature of the low...the way the mid-level field basically rips a hole in the atmosphere could argue from really intense banding in the CCB....this would give some areas well over the qpf forecast.

There will probably be some 20"+ loolis where banding sets up....the exact locations is impossible to tell right now. A safe forecast is probably something like 9-18" and then understand there could be higher amounts where banding is located.

The qpf could definitely be a bit underdone due to the bombing nature of the low...the way the mid-level field basically rips a hole in the atmosphere could argue from really intense banding in the CCB....this would give some areas well over the qpf forecast.

There will probably be some 20"+ loolis where banding sets up....the exact locations is impossible to tell right now. A safe forecast is probably something like 9-18" and then understand there could be higher amounts where banding is located.

. I said 10-18 before and got slapped silly across the face with weenies. Nice to see we agree. I'm psyched

So....what will I be shoveling before heading to ORD?

BDL has .3 of snowfall so far this winter.

ORH is at 0.5" right now...but the airport is missing data for Dec 23rd when they got like an inch...so they are probably more like 1.5"

If someone from BOX sees this, maybe they can enter it in...at the very min they had another half inch that morning. I think I had 1.3" total for the event between 22-23rd.

Hopefully it will be near or over 20" by the time we get to the 28th. :snowman:

I've really worked hard over the years to not get overly amped as it often ends in disaster. Expectations held to high so even when a decent snowfall was the outcome a sense of disatisfaction tainted the experience. That said, this one looks like a solid hit and even though the snow is not flying yet I am.lol Also, kudos to you and the American Team for keeping the board operating smoothly during the first real test. Nice work.

Archived