Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
XMAS Miracle: Blizzard of 2010 Lead-in Dialogue

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas brother, no turning back now. Living for the moment, loving the dynamics depicted, now casting the mesobands is going to be fun. I am wondering if this goes down like the biggies with wind where it's windy as heck then boom heavy heavy snow within an hour of startup. By the way I held onto my snow cover by the thinest of margins in my yard, white Christmas confirmed.

Great news on the White Christmas Ginx. We just got back from my in-laws that live down in Williamsburg. Even down at lower elevations they held the snow. We don't seem to have an active banter thread so I'll post this here as I think you'll appreciate it. Here's a pic of perhaps my Father-in-laws best, most exquisitely timed X-mas gift. He had know idea snow was coming because last night the TV mets he watched said OTS. He didn't believe me when I told him so I let him read some of the posts here.lol

Merry Christmas brother, no turning back now. Living for the moment, loving the dynamics depicted, now casting the mesobands is going to be fun. I am wondering if this goes down like the biggies with wind where it's windy as heck then boom heavy heavy snow within an hour of startup. By the way I held onto my snow cover by the thinest of margins in my yard, white Christmas confirmed.

How is that possible? I drove out rte 6 to Providence yesterday and saw zero snow in the woods out that way. You must have been in your own micro climate and picked up just enough to hang on. Awesome for you! We had scarcely a dusting in some spots this morning. Was out in Swansea ma. last night,and they still had about an inch where I was.

BTW, What chances do you think you and I have with Mixing issues?

I will be leaving for western Ma tomorrow morning for 2 nights but will be on the board on and off. I will be looking to you for snow OBS updates for our area.

:snowman:

Euro precipitation amounts in NH and maine please?

Down in NJ the QPF bombs were gone I guess, so it's more down into the major but not historic setup of 1-1.3", it would appear based on one of the maps posted we have a little bit of a sucker hole up here that isn't quite as high as that but let's see what the pro's say.

This NW trend is great in all, but if it ends up tucking towards AC and then scratches ENE they'll get the heaviest snow totals probably. We ideal would want it to either cut up a little further east or northeast, JMHO.

Down in NJ the QPF bombs were gone I guess, so it's more down into the major but not historic setup of 1-1.3", it would appear based on one of the maps posted we have a little bit of a sucker hole up here that isn't quite as high as that but let's see what the pro's say.

This NW trend is great in all, but if it ends up tucking towards AC and then scratches ENE they'll get the heaviest snow totals probably. We ideal would want it to either cut up a little further east or northeast, JMHO.

Here ya go from Tombo on this thread. extrapolate north, highest totals are in SE New England it appears, down by the coast in SE New England.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/6039-nycphl-dec-26-27-potential-part-7/page__st__380

Archived