• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

21 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

Doesn’t seem we will be getting the above normal hot summer everyone was calling for. Now if they called for above normal humidity they would have been correct.

I'd have to check my numbers but I know with this humidity the lows have been warm. Due to the warm lows it could be a 'sneaky' warm summer, I'm thinking that's the case. It's the lows that are really driving the above normals these days.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gravitylover said:

And by association those overly warm nights have added ~30% to our electric bills and killed our AC compressor. That was $13k I hadn't budgeted for :thumbsdown:

By the sound of it my suggestion is too late but if you intstall a HARD START CAPACITOR in your compressor you can get many more years of service from it. 

5 hours ago, wishcast_hater said:

By the sound of it my suggestion is too late but if you intstall a HARD START CAPACITOR in your compressor you can get many more years of service from it. 

Capacitor and fan motor both went bad. Lines were too small for the new units so those had to go and the 35 year old evaporator didn't have the capacity for the new systems so... That damn capacitor was over $700 by itself.

• 2 weeks later...