• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

I had a couple tenths more overnight too.

I've been doing a xeriscape thing a little at a time on a steep hillside along the driveway for the last two weeks. I run the hose for a minute or two to see where the water wants to flow then direct where I want it. That rain yesterday was so heavy it showed me all the faults :) I "harvested" all the rocks from the property, I've been stashing the ones the mower catches for years, used some in the garden and a few other spots and had tons of them slightly buried. I dug a bunch of big stuff up and screened a ton of gravel and washed it with the big rocks. Other than my back truly feeling like shit today after setting a couple of 150>300 pounders yesterday by hand I feel pretty good when I go out to the driveway and look at it. It's still a work in progress but it's pretty gratifying to control water flow while building out a native plant garden that has food plants mixed with a variety of succulents and Eastern Prickly Pear cactus. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

@BxEngineI'm sure you're familiar with chocolate pudding shots. So we swapped out the chocolate pudding for vanilla pudding (already had it in the house) and replaced the traditional Baileys with the Vanilla Mint Baileys...you'll thank me later. 

14 hours ago, BxEngine said:

The vanilla mint baileys is the best flavor hands down.

1 hour ago, etudiant said:

It should be called the Irish shot. in honor of its creator.

Good Sunday morning all. I’m usually a teetotaler but this fellow and your posts are certainly giving me a pause for thought. Stay well and hydrated. As always ….

IMG_0414.png

• Like 2

That was some storm yesterday. I was on 17 all day, it started beautiful in Jamestown but by noon it was getting cloudy, windy and started spitting a bit. It kept up mixed sunny/cloudy and windy with black skies behind me and to the south. The southern wall kept surging and retreating until I got to Johnson City where it caught up to me. For 200 miles the clouds were roiling and moving in all sorts of directions. The first fingers of torrential rain and strong wind moved through pretty quickly. East of Binghamton it started getting ugly but mostly just wet until about Middletown when shit started to go sideways (literally).

By the time I got to the Monroe Park and Ride exit it was all out chaos. A few wind gusts scared the crap out of me as my minivan went sideways, it was sketchy with stuff flying and obvious rotation happening. The rain was pretty intense too, buckets and sheets, hiding flying branches. It calmed down to just strong wind and heavy rain going up the hill on 6 into Harriman/Bear Mt. 

It kinda sucked because there was no place to even stop the car. The only exit, the P&R was blocked by an RV that missed the turn, so I had no choice but to keep moving. There aren't even any turnouts and with the shit visibility sitting on the shoulder would've been like asking to get hit. I just kept waiting for a branch to come through the windshield...

• Sad 3

Power came back here at little after 11am, so a little over 14 hours it was out. That doesn’t come close to the Snowicane in 2010 when I was out for 3 and a half days. 

Edit: When the tree clipped my house in the 5/15/18 event that outage was close to 2010 but that was due to the damage on the house. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...