• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

I gave up paying attention to the totals recently when I passed 80" since it started getting wet last June. There was one month last year that I got a bunch of convective stuff that you guys out west didn't get and a few backdoor rainy days that added up that didn't get west of the Taconics but left me soggy. 

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

0.00 here, did have a very light sprinkle about an hour ago. Heavy chewed leaf and caterpillar poop though.

The Tent Caterpillar showing this year is the largest I’ve seen in the last few years. See a bunch of crabapple trees stripped throughout the area.:gun_bandana:

The HRRR is showing a few showers moving thru later this afternoon and early evening, hopefully it will wash some of that poop away.;)

19 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

The Tent Caterpillar showing this year is the largest I’ve seen in the last few years. See a bunch of crabapple trees stripped throughout the area.:gun_bandana:

The HRRR is showing a few showers moving thru later this afternoon and early evening, hopefully it will wash some of that poop away.;)

There are 15-20 younger trees planted over the past 5 years along the road in the park, maybe 15-20 feet tall, completely wiped clean.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

It started with the smaller trees near me, now there are numerous fully grown huge oaks completely bare. The maples and others are getting chomped up too but at least IMBY the oaks are the worst.

Even looking at Mount Beacon from Newburgh’s water front, there’s large patches completely stripped. Large numbers of those leaf eaters this year. 

22 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Pretty odd looking at trees bare like December in such a high sun angle. 

Yeah I noticed that when I was going down the Thruway earlier today between Harriman and Sloatsburg and was wondering what's happening. 

10 minutes ago, HailMan06 said:

Yeah I noticed that when I was going down the Thruway earlier today between Harriman and Sloatsburg and was wondering what's happening. 

That could be the dead ash trees from the emerald ash borer too, I saw a lot of those along that stretch last summer. I was out in western Orange County last weekend and the hillsides along 84 had lots of bare spots from the caterpillars. I’ve heard the New England guys talk about this for a couple years and now I see it in person it’s no joke. 

Up to .23” on the day with rain still falling. 

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

That could be the dead ash trees from the emerald ash borer too, I saw a lot of those along that stretch last summer. I was out in western Orange County last weekend and the hillsides along 84 had lots of bare spots from the caterpillars. I’ve heard the New England guys talk about this for a couple years and now I see it in person it’s no joke. 

Up to .23” on the day with rain still falling. 

0.49” will do it here.

On 6/14/2024 at 11:37 AM, hudsonvalley21 said:

Even looking at Mount Beacon from Newburgh’s water front, there’s large patches completely stripped. Large numbers of those leaf eaters this year. 

We went to the Renegades game yesterday and saw those huge patches of a good chunk of the whole valley chewed up. 

48 for the low here this morning. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

We went to the Renegades game yesterday and saw those huge patches of a good chunk of the whole valley chewed up. 

48 for the low here this morning. 

Temps dropped off quickly last night. I was at the Fair oaks drive-in, it was 73 at 8:00 and dropped  of to 59 by 11:30.  Bottomed out to 54 IMBY.

• Like 1

I have no caterpillar problems at all this year, in fact my backyard trees are denser than ever. It's deep shade and 70° in the backyard right now, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm dreading the upcoming warmth and have to spend at least 2 daysin WNY, I bet it'll be 100+ out there.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 7:13 AM, BxEngine said:

Playing Mansion Ridge thursday afternoon. Im gonna look like patrick ewing in a playoff game. 

4 large gatorades, and electrolyte powdered water, and about 120 ounces of water. Didnt pee from 12 till 9 pm. That was not fun. 

plus i suck at golf. 

• Like 1