Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Holiday Forecasts 2024

Brian D

On 4/30/2024 at 1:49 PM, Brian D said:

Next up is Father's Day, and I'll also include Juneteenth, as it is only 3 days after.

Expecting a system moving through prior to Father's Day, with CA HP clearing things out briefly, before another system encroaches upon the sub. This will be affecting the sub around, and on Juneteenth. Mid June looks wet, and stormy as we approach the Summer Solstice.

Father's Day forecast June 16.gif

Juneteenth forecast map June 19.gif

Father's day cast is partly correct. Slow on bringing HP through as it will be leaving the sub starting today. But for the rest of it, pretty decent. 

June 15 wx map.gif

June 16 wx map.gif

June 19 wx map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 7:55 PM, Brian D said:

July 4th is on a Thursday this year. Looks pretty nice to me. Could get real warm in the W sub on the backside of HP moving through, ahead of next system lurking to the W.

July 4th forecast.gif

Looking stormy for the 4th of July now
9khwbg_conus.gif

13 hours ago, Spartman said:

Looking stormy for the 4th of July now
Day 4 image not available

That map is a.m. July 5. July 4 will have a ridge over most of the sub with shwrs/stms affecting areas of the W&S sub. So, at this point it will be close call. Wx moving in a little quicker than anticipated. 

Euro July 4 12z.png

Euro July 5 00z.png

July 4 wx map.gif

17 hours ago, Brian D said:

That map is a.m. July 5. July 4 will have a ridge over most of the sub with shwrs/stms affecting areas of the W&S sub. So, at this point it will be close call. Wx moving in a little quicker than anticipated. 

Euro July 4 12z.png

Euro July 5 00z.png

July 4 wx map.gif

Weather Underground/TWC and GFS want the 4th of July to be a total washout. Either way, not going to be a good night for fireworks.gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_18.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_us_19.png  gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_20.png

4 hours ago, Spartman said:

Weather Underground/TWC and GFS want the 4th of July to be a total washout. Either way, not going to be a good night for fireworks.gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_18.pnggfs_mslp_pcpn_us_19.png  gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_20.png

Most of the sub looks OK. Some may not have a "good day", and fireworks will be iffy for a few. Everyone else looking OK, at this juncture. Guess we shall see on that day what actually goes down. :) 

On 5/1/2024 at 6:55 PM, Brian D said:

July 4th is on a Thursday this year. Looks pretty nice to me. Could get real warm in the W sub on the backside of HP moving through, ahead of next system lurking to the W.

July 4th forecast.gif

July 4 looks pretty decent for most of the sub, except down nearer the OHRV area during the am hrs, where a more solid chance of rain exists. By fireworks time, tho, most of the W sub looking pretty iffy as shwrs/stms encroach upon that timeframe. Close call on this forecast. 

July 4 12z wx map.gif

July 4 eve wx map.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 7:52 PM, Brian D said:

Parent's Day looking pretty decent with most of the sub under the influence of HP. Looks like a boundary may affect the southern most part of the sub. W areas could get a little on the hot side with a boundary in the Plains.

Parent's day forecast.gif

Looks like a pretty good call here. Timing off a little, but a good forecast. 

July 27 forecast map.gif

July 28 forecast map.gif

Finished up more forecasts for Sept-Oct.

Grandparents Day comes shortly after Labor Day each year, and this year it looks like some wet weather will be entering our sub after some nice days under HP (although radiational cooling could have us see some cool am temps).

Grandparent's Day Sept 8, 2024 forecast.gif

Next is Constitution/Citizens Day. Looks like a cool, wet day with scattered showers in the N areas, and more organized weather in the S areas. Brisk weather moving in is what it looks like. On that note, Sept, in general has a much more Fallish feel this year than we have seen in recent years. 2020 was the last year we saw a cooler month that ended being near avg for the sub. Since 2015, Sept's have been rather warm. 

Constitution Citizens day Sept 17, 2024.gif

On Columbus Day, I'm looking for a front moving through with possible energy from the W riding along it in the S areas. It looks like HP will stay a little N. Mid Oct may see a more W/E flow, keeping things a little milder, and wet. 

Columbus Day Oct 14, 2024.gif

Lastly, for Oct, is Halloween. Looks like a strong front/system moving through bringing brisk weather behind. N/W areas will probably have a chilly evening for trick-or-treaters with some wet weather possible in the S/E areas. Looks to be moving rather quickly. Oct will be a month of variable patterns, so it's hard to get a read on how warm or cool it will get. Going with a near to above avg end. 

Halloween 2024.gif

On 6/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, Brian D said:

Friendship day in early Aug is looking rather warm with a threat of shwrs/stms.

(Note: I accidently labeled July 28 as Friendship day when it's actually Parent's day. Made the correction.)

Friendship day forecast.gif

CA front moving through the N with shwrs/stms. LP that I have noted is running a bit more N than I thought along the boundary, and coming in the W sub on Monday. That will affect the southern half of the sub Mon-Tues. So I was too slow on the N part, and too quick on the S part. 

Aug 3 forecast map.gif

Aug 4 forecast map.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 2:53 PM, Brian D said:

Senior Citizens day looks interesting. Generally fair, pleasant wx. Could be a hint of Fall in the air for some, and possibly a tropical entity affecting the SE US.

Senior Citizen's day forecast.gif

Looks like a good call here. Nothing tropical in the SE tho. Wasn't sure about that anyway. Definitely an early Fall feel. 

Aug 20 wx map.gif

Aug 21 wx map.gif

Thanksgiving is late this year, which is typical for a leap year. Looks like it'll be turning blustery, and cold as a boundary moves through starting on Wed. Expecting LES, and as HP moves through the sub, another system will start to affect the W sub during the weekend. Nov in general will tend to be a bit of a rollercoaster with cooler winning out I believe, except the mid part of the month has a rather warm, wet feel to it. Potential strong storms with GOM moisture available. 

Thanksgiving Nov 28 forecast map.gif

On 8/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, Brian D said:

Thanksgiving is late this year, which is typical for a leap year. Looks like it'll be turning blustery, and cold as a boundary moves through starting on Wed. Expecting LES, and as HP moves through the sub, another system will start to affect the W sub during the weekend. Nov in general will tend to be a bit of a rollercoaster with cooler winning out I believe, except the mid part of the month has a rather warm, wet feel to it. Potential strong storms with GOM moisture available. 

Thanksgiving Nov 28 forecast map.gif

I like the sound of this!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, Brian D said:

Labor Day is a little early this year, and I'm looking for wet wx to start the weekend. By Monday, it should be a bit cooler, with scattered showers for some. Fallish pattern.

Labor Day forecast.gif

My timing is slow with frontal progressions, but the overall  pattern I saw is there. Looks like a pretty nice end to summer. :) 

Aug 31 wx map.gif

Sept 1 wx map.gif

Labor day wx map.gif

On 7/29/2024 at 10:05 AM, Brian D said:

Finished up more forecasts for Sept-Oct.

Grandparents Day comes shortly after Labor Day each year, and this year it looks like some wet weather will be entering our sub after some nice days under HP (although radiational cooling could have us see some cool am temps).

Grandparent's Day Sept 8, 2024 forecast.gif

Pretty so-so cast for this day. No wet wx to speak of will enter the sub, but there will be LER for some. LP will hang back as CAN front moves in across the N areas. 

Sept 8 wx map.gif

Sept 9 wx map.gif