BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 6

dryslotted

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad Adam Joseph isn't working, he seems to be the only one who understands model runs, and able to put a forecast together on his own. Without mimicking what accumweahter feeds him. No way in hell Meliss M, strays from anything accuweahter feeds her. What a waste.

100% agree. Isn't Cecily Tynan their chief met? lol...

The wind and waves are definitely a concern for coastal areas. A low bombing out like this will likely cause tremendous beach erosion and tidal flooding, plus wind damage from the weight of the snow plus the wind. 40-60mph wind is damaging enough, but this setup makes it much more so.

Still at the WOW stage. :thumbsup:

I didnt look at the computer all day and just saw the GFS.....WOW.

You can almost see the concern on Lee Goldberg's face that those totals he has may be to conservative, but not a bad call to start.

You can't just go from 1-3" to possibly 18"+, but I'm sure those totals get bumped up tomorrow morning. He's just likely outlining the probability that the storm comes much closer to the coast than thought earlier today, and setting up for an upgrade in the morning/afternoon. I wonder if blizzard watches are coming very shortly from Upton? This is definitely the kind of situation which can provide those kind of conditions.

I know nobody cares about this, and nor do I really, but as stated on the general forum, the GFS depicts a MASSIVE warm up by new years eve...

I was just thinking about it myself and realized I really couldn't give a damn. I live for the tracking, then obs long stares out the window, walking, and then admiring the final product on the ground. If it can stick around for a few days afterward that's great. It's better than having bare ground now and then warmup later either way.

You can't just go from 1-3" to possibly 18"+, but I'm sure those totals get bumped up tomorrow morning. He's just likely outlining the probability that the storm comes much closer to the coast than thought earlier today, and setting up for an upgrade in the morning/afternoon. I wonder if blizzard watches are coming very shortly from Upton? This is definitely the kind of situation which can provide those kind of conditions.

I would think PHL, OKX, and BOX will go with Blizzard watches for coastal sections during the 4am update.

Archived