• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

Not everyone hates humidity.  Yes, 90+ humidity is unsuited for much except lemonade or cold beer, a chaise lounge, and a magazine, but it's 76F with 100% humidity, which feels SO GOOD to me.  Joints  fully mobilized, dry nose cured, and feeling like a cool princess. (with the acknowledgement that the majority here likes it at 65F with a cold, dry airmass).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Wow actually going with a mild winter here in the northeast. Break out your shovels!

74728361007-2025-us-farmers-almanac-winter-media-map-002.jpg

That’s actually a reasonable outlook. Cold & mild in the right places for a La Nina winter and/or -PDO regime

though i would lean much drier across the south and EC

• Like 1

@donsutherland1

I have even more evidence of major flaws in the WeatherBell versions of the CFS: the following post examines the cold E US WB 0Z 8/16 CFS run maps for 8/16-20 with a focus on DC, which show a whopping 6.5 BN. That compares to the only 2 BN being forecasted by the DC NWS office!

Also, I show a WB 0Z 8/16 CFS run map for 8/16-22, which shows a whopping 8BN at DC (other recent runs are similar) vs NN on the avg of the last 12 TT runs!

Finally, I show a TT 12 run avg CFS Sep-Nov map with mainly AN E US for autumn, which I’m  comparing to cold autumn WB CFS maps that has been posted by the person I was responding to:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I'm in Texas visiting my son and daughter in law. Great times, lots of fun, as is tradition but this heat down here is just plain stupid on so many levels. 

We’ve begun the long dance of discussing retirement options. Ive grown on her desire for a beach area. But florida and texas are hard no for me still lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

We’ve begun the long dance of discussing retirement options. Ive grown on her desire for a beach area. But florida and texas are hard no for me still lol

There are definitely things we like here but the kids aren't sure where they will wind up but since my Sean works for American and this is their headquarters odds are... He equates it to being stuck inside with heat in the winter up north, they say when it's hot like this you just stay in the AC and pool. And in his case when he wants to see snow he just hops on a flight. 

• Like 2

Yeah we have a similar conundrum, FL and TX are out of the question as is most everything south of I70 but we want the beach. We can't afford CA or HI (or Long Island for that matter) so the options are limited. Cape Cod is probably off the affordable list too so... ME or OR? ME is cold for too long so it's not really like being on the beach but it's also close to the mountains. Southern OR is high on the hit list too. At this point we're pretty sure we want the beach but I have to have ez access to the mtns and skiing. Could we deal with AZ or NM? Probably but it's kinda dry.

Throwing it out there to see what the hive mind here comes up with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah we have a similar conundrum, FL and TX are out of the question as is most everything south of I70 but we want the beach. We can't afford CA or HI (or Long Island for that matter) so the options are limited. Cape Cod is probably off the affordable list too so... ME or OR? ME is cold for too long so it's not really like being on the beach but it's also close to the mountains. Southern OR is high on the hit list too. At this point we're pretty sure we want the beach but I have to have ez access to the mtns and skiing. Could we deal with AZ or NM? Probably but it's kinda dry.

AZ was just too hot for me though I guess you get used to it. This was near Sedona where my in laws live. If you go north a bit by Flagstaff it cools off plus they get alot of snow

Colorado would be my pick but obviously very far from any oceans. Love the Durango area. Beautiful summers and snowy winters but not frigid

We also like coastal Delaware. Not alot of snow but still 4 seasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Gravity, I always wanted to exist in a place where I could look out and see the ocean then turn around and see mountains in the distance. Maine would be my choice. Perhaps the rapidity of the changing climate zones will make Maine a viable option. With a good partner and the time to enjoy …. I somehow think ‘too cold’ will never be a problem for both of you. As always ….

IMG_0648.png

IMG_0647.png

On 8/16/2024 at 7:41 PM, uofmiami said:

See you next Saturday then at Hapuna beach. 

Hapuna was great today. Coulda used a bit more wave action for my kids to boogie board but it was perfect, especially considering it was raining in Kona when we left this morning. Headed to Oahu for a few days before we head home. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Has Rhode Island been considered or even the CT coast past New Haven? These areas are a little less accessible from the big cities, but still quite wonderful.

On 8/17/2024 at 10:52 AM, BxEngine said:

Long Island 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1