Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
New Years Storm System, Dec 30th - Jan 2nd

northpittweather

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the Euro was a lot quicker. Didn't 12z EURO have the storm in the hr 160 timeframe?

But I would agree. I would wait until we are within 100 hours to make the thread. Give it 3 days or so. Models flip like Brett Favre changing his mind on whether he wants to play or not.

:lol: Brett Favre, and that is a funny comparison

Thought the Euro was a lot quicker. Didn't 12z EURO have the storm in the hr 160 timeframe?

But I would agree. I would wait until we are within 100 hours to make the thread. Give it 3 days or so. Models flip like Brett Favre changing his mind on whether he wants to play or not.

Ya the euro was about 24hrs quicker I believe.

Again, when we are 3 or 4 days out (Tuesday or Wednesday), we'll split it off if we need to. No need to before then. Just relax and enjoy the discussion. No need for doom and gloom.

or to jinx it.

I vote Pitt can't start the new thread lol no offense or anything but lets be honest, alot of us are superstitious when it comes to this :)

off topic, but i was researching severe events from all over the world and i found a outbreak in south america with 395 possible tornadoes with all of them ranging from EF0 to EF3, mostly brief tornadoes

April 20th 1993 was the date

Wow, i can't believe i found this, i am just bored now, can't relax when you have a bunch of drunks partying here like it's new years already

agree but all 3 major global models are showing the storm still

also it's a LaNina which supports these type of strong lake cutting storms

yep, but it's a question of when it cuts. The GGEM is much farther NW. Tonights Euro has gone farther SE than it's 12z run, The GFS went SE from it's 12z run.

I think we need to be careful with this storm, especially if that High to the SE isn't as strong, and the models haven't figured the snow field into the mix (ice storm possibilities). This is gonna be one of those crazy storms we are gonna track, that will make a big difference as the Pac Energy shows it's face. If there is massive rains over the massive Midwestern Snowpack, expect flooding. I'm definitely not poo-pooing this thing 6-7 before it arrives. Then again, if it comes in weaker, that would change things entirely.

Surprised to see the map with "Potential Too Low" on today's SPC Day 4-8 Outlook map. "Predictability too low" would seem to make more sense.

day48prob.gif

From the text, the map should say "predictability too low."

THEREAFTER...WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF GREATER MOISTURE RETURN AHEAD

OF THE DEEPENING UPPER TROUGH TOWARD THE END OF THE WEEK...EARLY

INDICATIONS ARE THAT A SEVERE THREAT MAY EXIST AROUND DAY 7/NEW

YEARS EVE ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE ARKLATEX AND LOWER/MIDDLE MS

VALLEY. HOWEVER...OVERALL PREDICTABILITY IS LIMITED AT THIS

JUNCTURE...AND A SEVERE RISK IS NOT CURRENTLY WARRANTED.

From the text, the map should say "predictability too low."

THEREAFTER...WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF GREATER MOISTURE RETURN AHEAD

OF THE DEEPENING UPPER TROUGH TOWARD THE END OF THE WEEK...EARLY

INDICATIONS ARE THAT A SEVERE THREAT MAY EXIST AROUND DAY 7/NEW

YEARS EVE ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE ARKLATEX AND LOWER/MIDDLE MS

VALLEY. HOWEVER...OVERALL PREDICTABILITY IS LIMITED AT THIS

JUNCTURE...AND A SEVERE RISK IS NOT CURRENTLY WARRANTED.

I'd like a chase, but not that friggen far...lol

Archived