• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Occasional Thoughts on Climate Change

donsutherland1

Although that post characterizes is this as one of the worst heat waves, I see no evidence of a worse heat wave in the history of Mexico. Dating back to 1975, May is currently running about 4F warmer than any previous month at Mexico City. March and April were both the warmest on record in that interval, and April had been the 3rd warmest of any month.

5 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Although that post characterizes is this as one of the worst heat waves, I see no evidence of a worse heat wave in the history of Mexico. Dating back to 1975, May is currently running about 4F warmer than any previous month at Mexico City. March and April were both the warmest on record in that interval, and April had been the 3rd warmest of any month.

Maybe relative to climo ?   ...I mean I don't know. Just askin'

I can tell you that 113, certainly if repeating, is unusual for May even for them.  

On 5/25/2024 at 8:40 AM, TheClimateChanger said:

"In the next 10 to 15 days, the country will experience the highest temperatures ever recorded," researchers from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) said in a statement earlier this week. They called the heat wave "unprecedented."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mexico-heat-wave-1.7214308

edit -good call:

Mexico City recorded its highest-ever temperature on Saturday when thermometers hit 34.7 degrees Celsius (94.46 degrees Fahrenheit) as a deadly heatwave scorches the country.

https://www.zawya.com/en/world/americas/mexico-city-records-highest-ever-temperature-of-347-c-g5y68e0n

• Like 3

Hmmm sounds a lot like little old Chester County PA...."Interest and concern continues to grow about the numerous retrospective adjustments that the U.K. Met Office has made to its global HadCRUT temperature database. Often the adjustments cool earlier periods going back to the 1930s and add warming in more recent times. The adjustments are of course most convenient in promoting the global warming narrative surrounding Net Zero fantasies. There is particular interest in the 0.15°C cooling inserted in the 1940s and the greater warming added in more recent decades. The scientific blog No Tricks Zone (NTZ) has recently returned to the story noting the state-controlled Met Office has “corrected” the data to “align with their narrative”.

In suggesting a narrative, NTZ traces the adjustments back to the 2009 leak of ‘Climategate’ emails from academic staff at the University of East Anglia working on the HadCRUT project. In one email speculating on ‘correcting’ sea surface temperatures to partly explain the 1940s ‘warming blip’, it is noted that “if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15°C, then this would be significant for the global mean”. It would be good to “remove at least part of the 1940s blip”, it is suggested. Just as they have said they would do, comments NTZ, 0.15°C of warmth has gradually been removed from the 1940s HadCRUT global temperature data over the last 15 years. 

image.png.05dcfcc6e3527f37633da777dc4c399a.pngimage.png.e0f8018b6fdaf520ffdfef8efdd4bf0c.png