Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, weathafella said:

Well the trend is still ok.  If everything holds the Leon push st 12z I think the pike region can more confidently entertain bigger totals.

I believe so Jerry, I will go heavier further southward if the HIRES models come further south and colder with the main snow shield and surface low track.  Watch the surface temps, it is possible CHH to BOS could see all frozen precipitation.

Just catching up. Euro didn't move as much as I'd like but at least it's not going warmer anymore. Maybe even a slight tick back cooler at 06z.

Still think it's going to be tough to really push that warm layer deep into this airmass with that type of confluence north. Icing threat seems pretty minimal now except maybe in a narrow band somewhere down close to south coast...even then, might not be enough duration or QPF for anything too bad. 

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This would have some jumping.

Sorry--despite what image I add to my post, it's showing the wrong map (advice welcome!).  What I tried to post was the 90% probability amounts.  Which showed a lot of 0".   It would be a hoot.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Yesterday’s map...like 24 hours ago...cmon man....

See my edited comment.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just catching up. Euro didn't move as much as I'd like but at least it's not going warmer anymore. Maybe even a slight tick back cooler at 06z.

Still think it's going to be tough to really push that warm layer deep into this airmass with that type of confluence north. Icing threat seems pretty minimal now except maybe in a narrow band somewhere down close to south coast...even then, might not be enough duration or QPF for anything too bad. 

Amazon generator orders being canceled.

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

16” in ASH , prolly not 

10-12 sounds fine 

I agree. Big range but I don't see any reason to deviate from 8-15'' here. I'm still not enthused about 18''+ totals in SNE. Models were closing ML centers at 00z and we have the H7 low tracking through NY State and the H85 low cutting right through SNE which is another flag to me for going huge. Never thought I'd say this but if we're QPF queening I'd probably go with the NAM look.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro makes me nervous for the ice threat. Wish I could see a sounding.  +7 at 850 is alot

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_60_504_308.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_63_504_210.png

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro makes me nervous for the ice threat. Wish I could see a sounding.  +7 at 850 is alot

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_60_504_308.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019011800_63_504_210.png

There will def be some ZR but I seems that the residence time and total QPF after the flip is going to be short of big time numbers. There's def still a chance in a small zone down in S CT somewhere though. Can't totally ignore it. 

I still think in the end, it will end up a bit sleetier than the euro shows. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cmon James. You've been onthese boards for like a decade now...this stuff isn't new to you anymore...do you honestly think you're gonna stay frozen with 850 temps 8C? You live on the Cape. 

It helps for those of us who remember the 80s and early 90s to know whats going to happen with a storm like this lol.

• Like 1