Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Saturday December 30 Snow Obs and Disco

SnowGolfBro

4 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Congrats NE MD.  Us Southerners won't see a drop of snow. These things rarely, if ever, trend South.

It was actually a perfect pass. The mountain shadow is the what made it look bad south of the Potomac but imho if the gfs just nailed the track (who knows) then folks in nova would do just as well as md.

gfs_ir_neus_12.png

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Chill said:

It was actually a perfect pass. The mountain shadow is the what made it look bad south of the Potomac but imho if the gfs just nailed the track (who knows) then folks on nova would do just as well as md.

I hope so, Bob.  Tracking over the past few days has taken a toll on my optimism.  I'm also out of eggnog.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It was actually a perfect pass. The mountain shadow is the what made it look bad south of the Potomac but imho if the gfs just nailed the track (who knows) then folks in nova would do just as well as md.

gfs_ir_neus_12.png

Like I said, trajectory is better. Instead of slamming right into the mountains, it's slightly North

5 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Like I said, trajectory is better. Instead of slamming right into the mountains, it's slightly North

It slams right into the mountains. Due east trajectory no matter how you shake it crosses plenty of ridges on the way through. There is no avoiding that on any trajectory. The meat of the best lift moved dead center though the region. Good run 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It slams right into the mountains. Due east trajectory no matter how you shake it crosses plenty of ridges on the way through. There is no avoiding that on any trajectory. The meat of the best lift moved dead center though the region. Good run 

Now if we can just get it to juice up a little bit we could be in business.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Now if we can just get it to juice up a little bit we could be in business.

It will be an interesting short range track as long as the track holds. No signs of the dreaded shift north putting us out of the game. Cmc shifted like 50 miles so that's noise. It did trim qpf from 12z. Not sure if that's noise of signs of a weaker disturbance in general. Wes loves the CMC. Dropped .2 right on his yard. Jackpot. 

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Both cmc and Gfs trended a good bit stronger with the LP offshore . Hopefully we can get some rewards as the energy possibly starts to blossom overhead . Maybe a 1-3" is within reach 

Cmc and gfs are basically identical with the track. Lock that track in and take chances with more juice. Hopefully the ukie has an identical track. 12z tomorrow is probably the last chance for a significant shift in track. Small bumps are possible any run of course. I like what I see tonight. 

Just now, Hurricanegiants said:

So. Bottom line at this point, prior to the 1:00 am UKIE, we are, at least, looking at maybe 1-2 Saturday day/evening in NOVA and 2-4 in the hotter spots in MD??? Or am I just grasping......

That sounds about right from what came out so far. These kinds of deals can have upside but figuring that out is the really short term. Keep in mind that models are still initializing with the disturbance still off the pac coast. Once it clears the Rockies the models will have a good handle on qpf (for better or worse). It's going to be light no matter what but if someone pulls off .3 or so it could be 4-5". On the flip side our entire area may struggle to get .1 anywhere. My guess is eastern zones have the best shot at upside. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That sounds about right from what came out so far. These kinds of deals can have upside but figuring that out is the really short term. Keep in mind that models are still initializing with the disturbance still off the pac coast. Once it clears the Rockies the models will have a good handle on qpf (for better or worse). It's going to be light no matter what but if someone pulls off .3 or so it could be 4-5". On the flip side our entire area may struggle to get .1 anywhere. My guess is eastern zones have the best shot at upside. 

By eastern zones you mean Jackpotville

10 minutes ago, Warrior Bigfoot said:

By eastern zones you mean Jackpotville

I kinda like your area and the Delmarva. If the small slp off the coast decides to do anything quickly then some enhancement is on the table. It's a bit of a stretch but we've seen stuff like this more than once in the past. 

Archived