Newest Member
    Monty
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

If you take a blend of guidance, it's pretty good for a chunk of New England for Xmas. Euro being the NW outlier...even if you still give it 70% weight, it would snow for most.

Harv was dead-set against the EURO.

Not sure why that would hug considering this event is shearing out...if anything, would think the baroclinic zone would shift eastward.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Harv was dead-set against the EURO.

Not sure why that would hug considering this event is shearing out...if anything, would think the baroclinic zone would shift eastward.

Yeah I don't see a reason to go with the Euro either. That is especially true given that models such as the GGEM that sort of supported a more west track have gone east at 00z. Euro will go east at 00z too...I'll be shocked if it doesn't.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Will, please....the notification thing is driving me crazy.

It keeps going back on....won't stay off.

I can't do anything...if you are on a computer and not mobile...find your handle name at the top left and click on the drop down arrow and select "manage followed content"....then once in there, click on "topics" and it should show you all the topics you are following. Unselect all of them and it should stop.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I can't do anything...if you are on a computer and not mobile...find your handle name at the top left and click on the drop down arrow and select "manage followed content"....then once in there, click on "topics" and it should show you all the topics you are following. Unselect all of them and it should stop.

Thank you.

That should do...what a nightmare that is.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow Ok.   So if he gets hot on something then we should pay attention.

78 was a beast...still can see the blizzard conditions in my mind(they lasted for hours and hours). 

I feel like we’ve done better here in West Hartford a couple times compared to 78.....Feb 2006, Feb 2013?.....78 is overrated

3 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I feel like we’ve done better here in West Hartford a couple times compared to 78.....Feb 2006, Feb 2013?.....78 is overrated

it really was a 12 to 20 inch snow storm in the valley and most of that came the first several hours in the waa portion, the only thing was that there was a tremendous amount of wind so the stuff blew into huge drifts etc plus there was a decent amount of qpf in the snow so it was solid for sure but down where you are you have had bigger several times.....it was totally an eastern southern new england event for the really long duration heavy snows and ridiculous wind (24-50 inches, winds to 100 mph)

the valley was dry slotted and then down sloped something horrid after the initial burst and there was little on the back end (mood snows)....but a foot and a half of man snow whipped around by 25-50 mph winds with higher gusts for days paralyzed the valley well enough but there would be some crazy bitterness back this way had that happened today

there were also some higher totals in the nw hills and parts of ny state (deform/and or oregraphic assist)

Archived