• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Central Virginia American Meteorological Society meeting, Thursday, 11/9, in Henrico, Va

dswx

It has been ages since I have posted on Americanwx but it just occurred to me that there would be people interested in this. Sorry for the very late notice. If interested in attending and/or to be put on the email notification list for future meetings, please email me at dsalkovi (at) yahoo.com.
The first official general meeting of the re-established (20 years dormant!) Central Virginia Chapter of the American Meteorological Society will occur at 6:00 pm, Thursday, November 9th, at The Grapevine Restaurant, 11055 Three Chopt Rd, Henrico, Virginia. Our speaker will be Mike Dutter, Science Officer, National Weather Service (NWS) Office, Wakefield, Virginia. His topic will be "Winter Forecasting", how the NWS generates new probabilistic snow forecasts as well as the winter outlook.

The Central Virginia Chapter of the American Meteorological Society meetings are welcome to all with an interest in meteorology (professional meteorologists and weather enthusiasts). Although encouraged, chapter members do not need to be members of the American Meteorological Society.

The meeting agenda (subject to change) will be:
1. Welcome/Introductions
2. Nominations for chapter officers (chairman, vice chairman, secretary/treasurer). The chapter chairman must be a member of the American Meteorological Society but the Central Virginia Chapter is open to all with an interest in weather.
3. Draft chapter constitution (required to be submitted to the American Meteorological Society)
4. Chapter Facebook page - P. Effertz
3. Speaker: Mike Dutter, Science Officer, National Weather Service Wakefield, "Winter Forecasting".
4. Topic/date for next meeting?

Please plan to come early and have dinner at The Grapevine. Menu: https://richmondgrapevine.com/menu/

If you know someone who would like to be included in chapter email notifications, please let me know. Please feel free to invite others and/or distribute this email although the venue (The Grapevine's back room) will be limited to about 20 people for now. That's why I need to know if you are coming.

Thank you.

Dan Salkovitz
Meteorologist
Virginia Department of Environmental Quality

Archived