Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And one main reason no model now shows such an early phase is that the vort near southern California is verifying weaker and a bit slower than the earlier ECMWF forecasts suggested it would be.

It looks like the epic blizzard that the Euro had yesterday is more and more unlikely. No model shows the phase so early with a stalled out storm off the Delmarva.

A little piece from the BOX AFD...sounds encouraging

THE OPERATIONAL MODELS ARE CONTINUING TO HAVE DIFFICULTY RESOLVINGPHASING ISSUES BETWEEN THE NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN BRANCHES OF THE JETSTREAM. OVERALL DECIDED TO USE A 50/50 BLEND OF 18Z HPC/00Z ECMWFAND THE MORE PROGRESSIVE 00Z GFS. THIS BRINGS LOW PRESSURE CENTERCLOSE TO THE BENCHMARK POSITION APPROACHING 12Z MONDAY.IF THIS DOES OCCUR...THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOWSTORMWOULD INCREASE ACROSS A PORTION OF THE AREA PRIMARILY FOR THESUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY TIMEFRAME. FOR NOW MAINTAINED CHANCE POPSACROSS THE AREA GIVEN OPERATIONAL MODEL AND ENSEMBLE DISPARITIESAND LITTLE RUN TO RUN CONSISTENCY.

heh

9khwbgpre.gif

I've just sifted through the 26 pages of comments/images that were posted since I went to bed. I smiled. I grimaced. But, finally--here's one that gives a nice grin.

Still concerned I'll be on the outside looking in. Appears to me that the correction vector at this point is east, not west. Hopefully will at least get a moderate snow and some wind in GC. The EC has come up north like I had hoped, but I'm bummed it's become so progressive.

Not quite Euro-like but certainly Euro-esque to some degree.

Definitely, and the GFS ensembles from 0z indicated the trend west might happen. I expect it to continue through 12z by maybe another 50 miles or so.

GFS ensembles mean from 0z already had 0.5 qpf here, and this is a bit west of that.

OKX's thoughts on potential track

FORECAST WILL BE BETWEEN SLIGHTLY SLOWER ECMWF AND THEENSEMBLE MEAN TRACK. THIS BRINGS THE LOW OFF THE CAROLINA COASTAROUND 18Z SUNDAY AND NEAR THE BENCHMARK 06Z MONDAY AND NORTHEAST OFTHE AREA...NEAR NOVA SCOTIA BY LATE MONDAY.

Sounds like a night time snowstorm for us :( I Would rather see it snowing heavy during the day.

Archived