Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want it much faster than that though....i dont want it involved any earlier...because it will act to keep the trough from really going negative in time...its fine there now, but hopefully it stays there. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Didn't a big piece of it drop in early on the Tue 12z run?

can someone give me a detailed description of where the qpf contours are? thanks

Most of the eastern 2/3rds of SNE is over an inch of qpf looking at WSI...it doesn't have outrageous 2" totals though. It would probably be a 12-18" type storm.But qpf is pretty quirky...I wont really care about it until about 48h out.

You don't want it much faster than that though....i dont want it involved any earlier...because it will act to keep the trough from really going negative in time...its fine there now, but hopefully it stays there. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Yeah, and it also makes it more progressive. It'd be nice to have it diving south 100 miles further west.

A little bit nuts

It's relative...we're all sitting on a weather board staring at a model while drooling/getting a noose at 1:30AM. What are we?

I agree with Ray way back, progressive scares me. All very nice, and I would sign up for this, but let's keep this thing slow.

Most of the eastern 2/3rds of SNE is over an inch of qpf looking at WSI...it doesn't have outrageous 2" totals though. It would probably be a 12-18" type storm.But qpf is pretty quirky...I wont really care about it until about 48h out.

Oh only a run of the mill 12-18" storm at 964 mb inside the BM...

What would have to happen at this juncture to have you any more convinced of a signficant snow event? We have the GFS and Euro on board... I sure as hell wouldnt want the nogaps and ukie on board!

I made a first call of 3-8" 2 days ago and see no reason to stray from that, yet because the only model that implies more than that is fluctuating radically.

Will what does it have for PHL-Nyc....i know you said sv can be a bit clowny with preciep.

Thanks

It looks like philly is around 0.70"...they get pretty good backlash,...NYC is maybe just shy of an inch...LI is easily over an inch. Coastal NJ looks near an inch...esp the southern half around ACY

Archived