Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the concern in the main thread but why here.

I think things look pretty good aside of the UK/GGEM/NOGAPs, the three turds that gave me little to no snow from the front end of this storm.

Just watched men who stare at goats. I'm wondering if we stare at the EC enough if we can't move it. The Men Who Stare At Computer Models....

I picture Don S staring at the EC until it falls over and gives up on the big bomb idea.

Light accumulating snow is back.

I told myself that too but in all honesty I would get pretty upset...you just see something like this over you and you try to envision being in that scenario and then you just watch as it gets ripped away from you.

Right....I love the ones who deny that they'd be dissapointed; well good for you, but I'm a wx enthusiast who just so happens to be human. :lol:

I think things look pretty good aside of the UK/GGEM/NOGAPs, the three turds that gave me little to no snow from the front end of this storm.

Just watched men who stare at goats. I'm wondering if we stare at the EC enough if we can't move it. The Men Who Stare At Computer Models....

I picture Don S staring at the EC until it falls over and gives up on the big bomb idea.

Violently Agree...

Don't forget we did lose one key RAOB right near this UL. That could be having some effect on ye models.

I'm not sure a missing RAOB is much of a big deal anymore. The ECMWF doesn't seem to think so anyway.

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/guide/The_data_assimilation_and_analysis_system.html

In 1997 this scheme was upgraded with the implementation of a four-dimensional system (4DVAR). The variational technique has become even more important due to the last decades' explosive increase in satellite data. Today the impact of satellite radiances together with other satellite data is larger than the impact of radio sondes in the Northern Hemisphere.

I will dry hump the GFS/Euro and it's Ensms. over the GGEM/Ukie/GOCRAPs any day.

Just sayin'.:snowman:

I told myself that too but in all honesty I would get pretty upset...you just see something like this over you and you try to envision being in that scenario and then you just watch as it gets ripped away from you.

I try to stay completely objective, but it is pretty tough. I think the one storm where I really slipped up in hugging a modeled HECS was last February. After such a rough winter, I was ecstatic looking at those medium range runs. I walked around the GREEN campus imagining everything under four feet of snow LOL.

Right....I love the ones who deny that they'd be dissapointed; well good for you, but I'm a wx enthusiast who just so happens to be human. :lol:

Lol, I know you'll be rip****, and so was I last week. It's not like I haven't melted down before, but this time I'm just not feeling attached.

I could post and type all I want I won't get excited until it's within so many hours but the truth is deep down you can bet your fanny I'm excited. For the past what 3 days I've gone to bed around 3-4 AM then waking up just before the 12z runs and virtually spending all my time on the computer and this will continue right thorugh Monday.

I try to stay completely objective, but it is pretty tough. I think the one storm where I really slipped up in hugging a modeled HECS was last February. After such a rough winter, I was ecstatic looking at those medium range runs. I walked around the GREEN campus imagining everything under four feet of snow LOL.

It definitely is possible to be both excited and objective I think, it's quite difficult but it can be done. You just can't let your emotions get involved with the science. The weenie part of you can be real excited and hopeful but at the same time the science side of you can know whether or not it will happen or what the chances are.

Archived