Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar trends on the NAM and GFS this evening.

Definitely positive, but can't see much more westward shifting possible beside subtle increments. Still have that pesky trough surfing the ridge through Quebec which is why the cutoff bomb scoots out to sea in a jiffy

Using 12/15:1 ratios would place snowfall on the order of 12-24" in SE MA/ CC

I think the outer cape wouldbe closer to 10-12" given the water temps + wet nature of the snow. It wouldn't be a normal ratio snow for them, for Boston, Maybe or very slightly higher ratio.

I think the outer cape wouldbe closer to 10-12" given the water temps + wet nature of the snow. It wouldn't be a normal ratio snow for them, for Boston, Maybe or very slightly higher ratio.

The progressive nature of the GFS solution pretty much caps the higher end of potential accumulation here..best case is probably 15". Let's all hope for a solution closer to the EURO, which was much slower.

This looks like a great storm for us. Will it be the Euro 2+ footer...hopefully but it's obviously alot to ask for. AS it is now, metro BOS gets a foot on tonight's GFS and the Cape gets 18+

Yep sometimes these things are a zero sum game someone has to lose so others may win.

I like this solution in terms of plausibility over the wintercane on the earlier EC. As Phil said the GFS track is near the EC ensemble.

I'm pretty convinced the EC Op runs are trash up to this one tonight.

Archived