• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

Holy cow...is it just me or did all the neurotics come out for the main 0z model thread?

I wrote this (roughly) in that thread, but it quickly got buried under hundreds of suicide posts...the 84 hour depiction on the NAM looked like someone about to stirke a match in room full of black powder. I suspect the weenie radar is leading some of them to step off the chair.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the NAM was bad for us at all. I think it's likely to be a monster. We've all seen this before as Phil mentioned it's fascinating that despite an entirely different evolution the ground result is similar. That's where John's teleconnections come in.

The NAM to me says Don S FTW. But we're still in the game.

It's already dropping 1 mb an hour and 5H is getting ready to close off. I do not know what you mean by the Don S reference. Nice evolution shown. Good times ahead.

I should probably be 5-day banned for saying this but with what we saw evolve on the NAM from 72-84 HR if this run went out to 90 I would think we would see some pretty rapid cyclogenesis occur between 84 and 90 HR...already have your 850mb low developing and the s/w is beginning to take on a negative tilt. You also have a very nice MLJ streak rounding down the left side of the trough towards the base of it.

Very impressed with the NAM.

I totally agree Paul! I said before that it looked like the 84 hour NAM panels were about 15 minutes shy of this thing going nuclear.

I don't think the NAM was bad for us at all. I think it's likely to be a monster. We've all seen this before as Phil mentioned it's fascinating that despite an entirely different evolution the ground result is similar. That's where John's teleconnections come in.

The NAM to me says Don S FTW. But we're still in the game.

Well myself, I definitly would like to see a later phase with this this storm bombing around LI, Instead of down around DC.......

I was going to listen to the radio show; do you really have to register with Facebook?

No, that's only if you want to be involved in the chat, you can either sign in with facebook or with a blogtalk account.

Just use this link and the show will start in 2 min

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/americanwx/2010/12/23/radio-show-6

It's already dropping 1 mb an hour and 5H is getting ready to close off. I do not know what you mean by the Don S reference. Nice evolution shown. Good times ahead.

Don was basically suggesting in this type of pattern you don't get big M/A snowstorms. It has no bearing on us.

Without a major timing change on the GFS I'd expect what we are seeing is a move back towards the more northern evolutions of a few days ago, IE, it's not cutting off and stalling off VA this time, but perhaps much further NNE if at all.

Don was basically suggesting in this type of pattern you don't get big M/A snowstorms. It has no bearing on us.

Without a major timing change on the GFS I'd expect what we are seeing is a move back towards the more northern evolutions of a few days ago, IE, it's not cutting off and stalling off VA this time, but perhaps much further NNE if at all.

The contingent from Maine supports this.

Archived