Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my inexperienced eyes, it appears that (at least by hour 54) the phase will be occurring sooner, and maybe further north. That being said...there doesn't appear to be as much consolidated energy diving down the backside of the trough. Or perhaps it's just further south already. Blah, I just leave this analysis to the mets...

I'm still on the look out for a trend nw. I don't think that can be completely ruled out when we our 120 hrs or so, from the potential event. I won't be around for the later 00z arrivals, but hopefully they continue a nice trend.

I'd kill for a nw trend....I'd trade 20" and taint for the conundrum with which I now face....high cirrus loom 70 mi N.

If anything the 0z NAM looks more like the 12z run than it does the 18z run...through 48 HR anyway.

It's the NAM. You can pick up the subtle differences in placement of 5H at 48h. Faster, almost neutral with alot of northern energy disjointed and not as strong, late to phase maybe. But then again it's the NAM (OUT OF IT'S RANGE)

Good disco, don't know anything about him but have watched his vids from time to time. Like the fact he said he thinks this could easily wrap up and tuck in closer to the coast. Nice to have a high pressure feeding cold air in for a change.

IMHO he is one of the better New England broadcast mets. He does let the weenie in him get loose from time to time, though (who doesn't?)

I do enjoy the tech part because he describes the models well while showing the models... sort of like having the radio show on with the models being flipped by the mets for you...

Earlier you mentioned wound up storms ticking west... is this something you read about, just remembered (or dreamed about :arrowhead: ), or that is explained in some other way?

It's the NAM. You can pick up the subtle differences in placement of 5H at 48h. Faster, almost neutral with alot of northern energy disjointed and not as strong, late to phase maybe. But then again it's the NAM (OUT OF IT'S RANGE)

:lol:

Not sure why I'm investing so much effort into this.

But then again the only way for me to get better at understanding models and such is if I just continue to look at each run and try to read them with the best of my knowledge than add onto the knowledge by reading what others have to say and such. So I guess in the end there is a purpose.

IMHO he is one of the better New England broadcast mets. He does let the weenie in him get loose from time to time, though (who doesn't?)

I do enjoy the tech part because he describes the models well while showing the models... sort of like having the radio show on with the models being flipped by the mets for you...

Earlier you mentioned wound up storms ticking west... is this something you read about, just remembered (or dreamed about :arrowhead: ), or that is explained in some other way?

I was commenting earlier how living on the coast I was always aware of the real monster storms having a more W tendency within 24 hours of the event.

Certainly not a given but many a time I watched Cambridge mix when the day before we were thinking all snow.

I seem to remember something about the tendency for wound up coastals tucking in tighter than model forecasts. Don't know if it's an axiom or old wives tale. the next 2 model cycles will be the most important runs of our lives.

Before people write off the NAM because it shows them something that is different (read: that they lose snow on) keep in mind it pegged tonight's event before other guidance. Just saying.

I guess for mesoscale events it can be useful, but as far as predicting large scale synoptics out of its range...that's a big roll of the die!

:lol:

Not sure why I'm investing so much effort into this.

But then again the only way for me to get better at understanding models and such is if I just continue to look at each run and try to read them with the best of my knowledge than add onto the knowledge by reading what others have to say and such. So I guess in the end there is a purpose.

I salute you Paul. :thumbsup: That is a great attitude. Wish more where like that. Now when are you going back to School? Damn boy sign up for a scholarship or something! Severe discuss' is second to none!

Sorry for the OT

I was commenting earlier how living on the coast I was always aware of the real monster storms having a more W tendency within 24 hours of the event.

Certainly not a given but many a time I watched Cambridge mix when the day before we were thinking all snow.

I just thought Boston always mixed during snowstorms.

Archived