Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This current snow blows...at least where I am.

LOL, it's only going to be mostly light stuff.

I'm surprised how down you are...you didn't sound that bummed on the phone. I know you think it may trend to a Phil special, but I still wouldn't rule out a tick nw, given how volatile the pattern is. That's a huge trough, digging for oil over the northern Gulf. That says explosive cyclogenesis and it will do it all it can to ride the baroclinic zone almost due north.

How much do you have?

Like .5"

LOL, it's only going to be mostly light stuff.

I'm surprised how down you are...you didn't sound that bummed on the phone. I know you think it may trend to a Phil special, but I still wouldn't rule out a tick nw, given how volatile the pattern is. That's a huge trough, digging for oil over the northern Gulf. That says explosive cyclogenesis and it will do it all it can to ride the baroclinic zone almost due north.

I'll feel better if the EURO stop's ticking east......I'd rather have it go a little too far west because 20" with some taint is better than the armagedon of all gradients up the street.

Ray the thing that I admire about you is that you don't beat around the bush......

I think the snow will get better after 9-10. Signs now of some increase even on the KBOX. Should be decent from around 11 to dawn from NE to SSW

Not at all. lol

You know may not like what I have to say, but it beats being at all duplicitous.

Like .5"

I'll feel better if the EURO stop's ticking east......I'd rather have it go a little too far west because 20" with some taint is better than the armagedon of all gradients up the street.

On the pavement or the grass? I've got a shade under 2'' on the grass, not that much on the pavement.

On the pavement or the grass? I've got a shade under 2'' on the grass, not that much on the pavement.

Make sure you aren't measuring air underneath grass blades....I've seen people measure a couple inches of snow on the grass, but it was actually just half an inch or an inch sitting up on top and there was an inch of air underneath the snow.

That's why measuring on a snow board (or a similar type surface) is the best way to do it.

Make sure you aren't measuring air underneath grass blades....I've seen people measure a couple inches of snow on the grass, but it was actually just half an inch or an inch sitting up on top and there was an inch of air underneath the snow.

That's why measuring on a snow board (or a similar type surface) is the best way to do it.

I think it's a fairly accurate measurement based on what it looked like after walking in it.

I hate measuring in warm BL events because the grass starts accumulating way before other surfaces do. Even my car was late to the sticking party.

Haha...BUSTED....ooooohhhhh...now what.

I was in my office in the midst of an important e-mail around 6 when the power on that wing of the bldg went out. Time to go home. Cell provides the light to gather my stuff. Go outside and we have steady light (tiny flakes) now accumulating snow. Signal for a burst around dawn...could be interesting. It kind of reminds me to get my head out of my arse and actually enjoy the weather! What happens Monday happens.....but man we have a nice signal don't we?

Like .5"

I think the 00z trends will be telling. I'd bet the gfs will come west again, but not enough. Canadian...maybe the same or tick west. If the euro holds serve or even moves a small distance east, I don't think it's all that bad yet. It's still interesting that it closes off so far south. Even though it did it again, it seems awfully far south for it to close. On the other hand, when you see the other ULL moving out of Ontario, and also how steep that ridge is out west...it's not completely unrealistic. If anything, that ULL may be one thing preventing this from shooting due north. That, and the ridge sort of bulging east at the top after hr 108. I could see the hook scenario too that Will described. It indeed may be a benefit to have the longitude that sne has.

I think the 00z trends will be telling. I'd bet the gfs will come west again, but not enough. Canadian...maybe the same or tick west. If the euro holds serve or even moves a small distance east, I don't think it's all that bad yet. It's still interesting that it closes off so far south. Even though it did it again, it seems awfully far south for it to close. On the other hand, when you see the other ULL moving out of Ontario, and also how steep that ridge is out west...it's not completely unrealistic. If anything, that ULL may be one thing preventing this from shooting due north. That, and the ridge sort of bulging east at the top after hr 108. I could see the hook scenario too that Will described. It indeed may be a benefit to have the longitude that sne has.

yeah thats what i think Sam is his name (Wxwatcher91) was explaining to me....... that ridge just topples like a mofo on the ewall maps as you tooggle, kinda cool to look at though it leaves me high and dry

We could be in a good place Monday...doesn't happen often but this may be nice for the immediate coastal communities of eastern MA.

Archived