Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be sorely disappointed with 5-10"

I thought you knew better than that, Ryan haha. How do you get your hopes up that much on a storm that isn't even inside 5 days yet!?

I'm really surprised at some of you seasoned forum members... going from complaining about no snow to being bummed if this isn't a 2-3 footer.... but then again I've never been modeled to get raked in this event so I really have no horse in the race.

What's going to be really depressing is when the Mid Atlantic gets destroyed and we're smoking cirrus. Proving that they can win in a strong El Nino or a strong La Nina.

I actually think eastern New England has a better shot than anyone in this setup...we are seeing a lot of scenarios where this could do a wide turn and then make a late hook.

If you are expecting a moderate event, then you should have no disappointment if thats what happens. Only the expectation of a much larger event and then having it fail to materialize creates disappointment.

We never EXPECT a WS title, but we are pretty bummed if the Sox drop a gm 7, aren't we.

I thought you knew better than that, Ryan haha. How do you get your hopes up that much on a storm that isn't even inside 5 days yet!?

I'm really surprised at some of you seasoned forum members... going from complaining about no snow to being bummed if this isn't a 2-3 footer.... but then again I've never been modeled to get raked in this event so I really have no horse in the race.

We're inside 96 hours, btw.

Well 5-10 is nice but it's a pedestrian event in all of SNE. Yes I'd be happy. But frankly if BOS got 13 inches and 20 miles SE of me got 26 I'd have a tiny bit of a bitter taste. I remember discussing this with Louis Uccelini once. HE was talking about his house in the screw zone (only got 10 inches) during the 1/25/00 event that buried his area. All of us are big storm junkies.

That doesn't buy very much which is why I'll never understand why cooler heads couldn't have prevailed but oh well. IMO to handle the loads they'd probably need to spend the equivalent of $600-800 a month in dedicated managed hosting.

Gun to head forecast I'd shift this about 20 miles NW and that'd be that.

Great. That would give me the same trace that its depicting there. lol

I'd be sorely disappointed with 5-10"

Thank you.....honestly; I appreciate the candor from a pro.

True, I understand where you are coming from Ray. I just think its ridiculous to feel down with a warning criteria snowfall, even if it isn't the 2-3 feet you were hoping for if the day 5-7 progs end up being wrong.

We are still 5 days out though and me thinks you end up in the 1-2 foot range.

I guess the question is, at what point would you be happy? Or not happy unless jackpot, in which case this is probably the wrong hobby, haha.

You're right; I love wild cards and divisional round defeats.

Like I said, I'm not killing those who are fine with 5"....I envy you.

We never EXPECT a WS title, but we are pretty bummed if the Sox drop a gm 7, aren't we.

If we get to a game 7, a lot of us start expecting a title. So yes, we actually do expect it given we got that far.

I'll be bummed if this is modeled as a HECS 48 hours out and then we don't get it...because we got to a point where it was reasonable to expect it to happen.

If we get to a game 7, a lot of us start expecting a title. So yes, we actually do expect it given we got that far.

I'll be bummed if this is modeled as a HECS 48 hours out and then we don't get it...because we got to a point where it was reasonable to expect it to happen.

WHAT?, where did your 96 rule with consistency on the Euro go? Man last year ruined you.

To weenies, 2-3 days of big hit Euro runs for a HECS means we have a 48 hour mentality. But deep down each of us understands the deal and won't at all be surprised if it's less than the expected...because that's normally what happens.

Where we are now is analagous to making the PS; you are absolutely full of CAPE if you tell me that losing in the PS is a "Hideley-Ho neighbor", fine and dandy.

Considering I only have tenths of an inch of accumulation up to date I'll take virtually anything I can get. Would I love a bomb? Absolutely I would! However, if I go into this expecting or hoping for a bomb and it doesn't happen I'll just get upset and not enjoy what I have in my yard. This is why I have yet to get REALLY excited for this, although that doesn't matter b/c if nothing ends up happening I'm still going to be bummed.

lol

5-10" for me is sort of a snoozer. It's definitely nice but I really live for big storms.

I like to ski in winter but other than that I can live without a bunch of nickle and dime events... I like the real deal. I'd much prefer a winter with 2 major snowstorms and torch temperatures in between than a winter that features a bunch of small events and cold temps.

To weenies, 2-3 days of big hit Euro runs for a HECS means we have a 48 hour mentality. But deep down each of us understands the deal and won't at all be surprised if it's less than the expected...because that's normally what happens.

Bingo... the way most are talking on here you'd think the storm was coming in tomorrow night and 15-30" has been locked by the NWS.

its kinda of a fine edge you ride though

i miss the storm and have to deal with the disappointment but at least i know well in advance

on the other hand, the euphoria and then disappointment of a storm taken away, thats a whole nother animal.

given that your odds of success are usually low, you gotta wonder......its definitely not a healthy hobby lol

i think you want to see the euro hold or tick back a little bit tonight at 00z

yesterday 12z measurable was NW of me

last night 00z measurable was just south of the internatioonal border

todays 12z was southern vermont i think

its defintely trending in a direction but at the same time the GFS is trending towards it.

so i think CT and eastern MA.....i think the cone is narrowing/converging but that region is looking good.

Are you referring to the EC? I've been stuck on this all day and getting grief for saying it. I'm 8 miles below the VT/MA border, so I'm watching that drop approach. Very sad. lol

Archived