Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sticking to my 3-8" for mby; this is going to end up mod for alot of folks.

The EURO is a yawner N of Concord, NH and drops steeply at the MA\NH border; fact not opinion.

i think you want to see the euro hold or tick back a little bit tonight at 00z

yesterday 12z measurable was NW of me

last night 00z measurable was just south of the internatioonal border

todays 12z was southern vermont i think

its defintely trending in a direction but at the same time the GFS is trending towards it.

so i think CT and eastern MA.....i think the cone is narrowing/converging but that region is looking good.

I'm going to reply to this garbage. We are breaking EASTERN records today. Eastern FREQUENTY had issues with over 1000 people. We're fine tuning things way better than Marcus ever did.

You can probably save considerable overhead by shrinking the 60kb admin/mod/member and logo at the top especially during this situation.

http://tools.pingdom.com/?url=http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php%3F/topic/5035-post-christmas-bomb/page__st__680&treeview=0&column=objectID&order=1&type=0&save=true

oh boy :rolleyes:

See already people aren't going to be happy if this comes in as a 5-10 incher, that's ridiculous.

Its smart to never ever expect a monster until you are like 3 days out at the max...preferably 2 days out or closer. It takes a special set of circumstances to get 18"+ of synoptic snow.

Well thats it for me... I don't know why I trick myself into thinking i'm going to get into the heavy snow when only 1 model maybe shows it... This is going to be a MA, CT, and RI special. Enjoy it guys. I'm not going to waste my time tracking a 2-4 inch type deal. I'm jumping early up here.

I was wondering where all your earlier optimism was coming from. Everything I've seen shows a SNE potential, with the emphasis on 'potential'. Even then, alot of time between now and monday and when you're in the jackpot zone right now, there's only one way the models can shift. Alot of angst coming in the next few days but I agree with the poster from Stowe: its still interesting to follow even if we don't end up with the Big Dog here.

You can probably save considerable overhead by shrinking the 60kb admin/mod/member and logo at the top especially during this situation.

http://tools.pingdom...ype=0&save=true

I might be missing something but all the member/promet etc files are 50-90kb. Here's 4 of them in PNG format at 2-3kb. That's a lot of bandwidth with new visitors, visitors that are clearing caches etc.

It's not ridiculous; to each his\her own.

I've missed several in a row; I'm sorry is being on the periphery of yet another would frustrate me.

True, I understand where you are coming from Ray. I just think its ridiculous to feel down with a warning criteria snowfall, even if it isn't the 2-3 feet you were hoping for if the day 5-7 progs end up being wrong.

We are still 5 days out though and me thinks you end up in the 1-2 foot range.

I guess the question is, at what point would you be happy? Or not happy unless jackpot, in which case this is probably the wrong hobby, haha.

I actually have expected a mod event all along, but I am really hoping for more.

If you are expecting a moderate event, then you should have no disappointment if thats what happens. Only the expectation of a much larger event and then having it fail to materialize creates disappointment.

Archived