OF THE GFS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS ACTUALLY TRACK THE LOW INSIDE THE

BENCHMARK. THE ENSEMBLE MEAN LOW CENTER IS RATHER CLOSE...THOUGH

JUST A BIT OUTSIDE THE OP RUN.

THE GFS CHANGE GIVES CAUSE FOR CONCERN...AS THIS APPEARS TO BE

COMING IN LINE WITH THE STRONGER ECMWF THOUGH THEIR TRACKS ARE FAR

DIFFERENT. THE CANADIAN GGEM REMAINS RATHER WEAK AND TAKES THE LOW

FURTHER SE OF THE BENCHMARK. SO...A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AND LACK OF

CONFIDENCE REMAINS IN PLACE ON THE TIMING AND STRENGTH OF THIS

SYSTEM AS WELL AS ITS POTENTIAL IMPACT ON SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND.

It's going to be a disaster by Thursday if this is still a honker.

Marcus was a lot of things but he was a good with the hardware.

I'm going to reply to this garbage. We are breaking EASTERN records today. Eastern FREQUENTY had issues with over 1000 people. We're fine tuning things way better than Marcus ever did.

Didn't we all just donate hundreds of dollars to pay for the current new one?

We can speed it up by putting it in "performance mode" like earlier when there were 1800 people on....but it means there's a lot of features we cannot use when you put it in that mode. Right now, its not turned on, so we are slowing down a bit with the 18z GFS...once a few hundred log off after this run, it will speed up again.

I'm sure we'll have to be in performance mode for a lot of the time this coming weekend if the threat remains.

We can speed it up by putting it in "performance mode" like earlier when there were 1800 people on....but it means there's a lot of features we cannot use when you put it in that mode. Right now, its not turned on, so we are slowing down a bit with the 18z GFS...once a few hundred log off after this run, it will speed up again.

I'm sure we'll have to be in performance mode for a lot of the time this coming weekend if the threat remains.

wow 1800 people? that's amazing. What were the max days like at eastern?

Well thats it for me... I don't know why I trick myself into thinking i'm going to get into the heavy snow when only 1 model maybe shows it... This is going to be a MA, CT, and RI special. Enjoy it guys. I'm not going to waste my time tracking a 2-4 inch type deal. I'm jumping early up here.

I'm going to reply to this garbage. We are breaking EASTERN records today. Eastern FREQUENTY had issues with over 1000 people. We're fine tuning things way better than Marcus ever did.

Yeah the board really hasn't been going badly at all, in fact definitely better than with eastern. Pretty much been over 1500 users all afternoon...I haven't really started experiencing issues until the past 10 minutes and even then it's nothing that bad...just takes a few extra seconds to load. Great job!

Meanwhile, the 18z GFS continues to hit eastern sections pretty hard. This run doesn't look that bad, it's just faster with everything, slow it down a bit and BOOM.

Didn't we all just donate hundreds of dollars to pay for the current new one?

That doesn't buy very much which is why I'll never understand why cooler heads couldn't have prevailed but oh well. IMO to handle the loads they'd probably need to spend the equivalent of $600-800 a month in dedicated managed hosting.

Gun to head forecast I'd shift this about 20 miles NW and that'd be that.

Well....tonight should be fun. Tomorrow night more fun. Friday night ...well alot of people (including me) have stuff to do. Saturday AM early I put my wife on a flight to ORD. I told her to consider to check with the airline as regardless of verificatoin they often cancel flights in advance. She's due in to BOS around 10:30pm Sunday night. Per the Euro, that should work based on current timing but she should check to see if the flight's still on. Might have to weenie on my own...

We did break 1800 on eastern back during the Feb HECS for the M.A., but the volume thus far here has been much higher than it normally was at eastern...eastern would frequently slow down when it got near 1000 members...which was generally rare.

Wow, that's impressive. I wonder why the traffic has been higher here than over at eastern?

Seems to be working fine by me... sometimes a little slow. Good work by the staff.

Any chance this item stalls a bit before heading further ENE?

I'm sticking to my 3-8" for mby; this is going to end up mod for alot of folks.

The EURO is a yawner N of Concord, NH and drops steeply at the MA\NH border; fact not opinion.

Yes and lots of the big one's had dramatic S/N gradients with the storm "stalled" south as it occluded.

Yes and lots of the big one's had dramatic S/N gradients with the storm "stalled" south as it occluded.

Alot of the big ones also trended NW until the last minute and with this one, we currently have the NW edge of the envelope as a gradient at the NH\MA border, as the conscenus is trending toward a soloution in the MIDDLE ground.

Need the trend to stop, or congrats Phil and yawn for a good deal of us.

Archived