• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

Yeah, but good benefits and solid job security with the state. Good luck!

Yea....key is getting your foot in the door, but I may hold out for something more logistically convenient; I'm fortunate enough to not really have any responsibilities (mortgage, kids, etc) so I'm afforded that luxury.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looking at the last three ECMWF runs we have gone from : yesterday 12Z low tucked in 50 miles south of LI, last night 0Z low moves off Delaware, today 12z low moves off NC/VA border to 37/70.

I'm glad it has this impressive bomb, but this southern trend must stop or forget about it....

the storm matures at 38/74 and then moves ENE.

Yea....key is getting your foot in the door, but I may hold out for something more logistically convenient; I'm fortunate enough to not really have any responsibilities (mortgage, kids, etc) so I'm afforded that luxury.

My niece just started a similar job at a place in Westborough, could be the same place. She says she like it.

It is if you live in Baltimore. We need to get this bad boy to come north. It's been trending south hasn't it?

Meanwhile, I'm snowing here in God's country now. I'll enjoy this in anycase.

Well I'm sure we'd still get nailed from that, still a little too early to worry too much about where exactly the models are tracking this thing, definitely good though to see the ensembles shift west a bit...that would certainly work to our benefit...although we don't want it going too far west :lol:

Just imagine the winds with that..there would certainly be strong tropical force wind gusts along the coastline.

ok this is what i got for you guys...it will be interestng to see how this compares to wsi

from greatest to least

snecopy.jpg

yellow 2.5-3

purple 2-2.5

lgt purple 1.75-2

blue 1.5-1.75

lgt blue 1.25-1.5

dark green 1-1.25

lgt blue .75-1

green .5-.75

lgt green .25-.5

Thanks so much for doing this and for the real-time play by play! It's very helpful.

I'm a little confused by the ensemble mean though. If it is 71W and the latitude of ACY then that is like 39.5/71. The 12z op run at 132 hours is at about 37.5/70. That would be further east.

Take it fwiw...it's tough when there is a large isobar. It maybe be more Wallops Island. How about this, it's about 140 miles east of the op run at hr 120. Maybe 160.

ok this is what i got for you guys...it will be interestng to see how this compares to wsi

from greatest to least

snecopy.jpg

yellow 2.5-3

purple 2-2.5

lgt purple 1.75-2

blue 1.5-1.75

lgt blue 1.25-1.5

dark green 1-1.25

lgt blue .75-1

green .5-.75

lgt green .25-.5

Thanks for posting. I get in the .75 range. At least I might still verify a warning for December.

"We need more latitude, Scotty, and don't give me any of this 'I'm giving it all she's got crap".

from greatest to least

yellow 2.5-3

purple 2-2.5

lgt purple 1.75-2

blue 1.5-1.75

lgt blue 1.25-1.5

dark green 1-1.25

lgt blue .75-1

green .5-.75

lgt green .25-.5

Thank you for taking the time to do this! Looks great. Very well could be overdone but looking good!

I'm a little confused by the ensemble mean though. If it is 71W and the latitude of ACY then that is like 39.5/71. The 12z op run at 132 hours is at about 37.5/70. That would be further east.

132 on the OP is a tad west of that. More like 37.5/70.5. But 126 on the OP is 37.5/73.5 and that's what does the deed. And ENS even better. You'll get alot of deformation snow with either of those solutions verbatim.

Well I'm sure we'd still get nailed from that, still a little too early to worry too much about where exactly the models are tracking this thing, definitely good though to see the ensembles shift west a bit...that would certainly work to our benefit...although we don't want it going too far west :lol:

Just imagine the winds with that..there would certainly be strong tropical force wind gusts along the coastline.

Don't forget--your 70 miles south of me.

Archived