Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to take what I learned from last weeks fiasco and step away from the boards for a time.

There's just too much at stake as far as my sanity goes to invest in 4-5 day out scenarios. While the fantasy sounds great at this point, I've got to bail in order to keep myself together.

[. . . going into periodic lurk mode as of now.]

Yea OK

We've locked it in here in Kevin's thread. Get excited.

lol...I am in maine and in jeopardy of missing out on most of it even if the ec verifies. I am just enjoying the snow at the current time...it's been snowing here all day but in the last hour the vsby has been dropping pretty fast. Looks like 2-4 tonight for me.

lol...I am in maine and in jeopardy of missing out on most of it even if the ec verifies. I am just enjoying the snow at the current time...it's been snowing here all day but in the last hour the vsby has been dropping pretty fast. Looks like 2-4 tonight for me.

Yeah, 2-4" good call, Euro look to get .75" qpf up here at 12z, We are close to 1" here......

Man that phase in the deep south that the ecmwf has is just so pretty to look at. Textbook and rare I might add. Epic.

Mm, indeed it is.

Folks, if you are attempting to supply analogs for this I would look for Miller A captured by northern stream scenarios.

Btw, that day 120 into 144 on the 12z Euro is odd looking - though stranger things have happened. But we go to 4 contours or more with the closing mid level circulation, than rip it open and squirt it abruptly out the next day. This is clearly because there is a Pac jet punching through the northern Rockies and High Plains, entering a progressivity into a retrograde pattern.

I suspect that is in error and any such pattern break down would be a slower onset. The PNA is rising and ends up positive now at both CDC and CPC, so this run definitely doesn't fit well with that.

HPC Discussion. A word that didn't come to my mind when I saw the trend on the GFS run was "mild".

12Z UPDATE... FINAL FCST MAKES NO MEANINGFUL CHANGES TO THE

UPDATED PRELIM ISSUANCE. WITH THE GULF/WRN ATLC SYSTEM A MILD WWD

TREND IN THE 12Z GFS/GEFS MEAN HAS NARROWED THE SOLN SPREAD

SLIGHTLY OVER THE WRN ATLC BUT OTHERWISE PRIOR UNCERTAINTY

REMAINS. THE 12Z ECMWF HAS MAINTAINED CONTINUITY IN PRINCIPLE

WHILE THE 12Z CMC CLUSTERS NEAR THE GFS/GEFS MEAN. THE UKMET IS

SLOWEST AND ALSO EWD OF THE ECMWF. THE 12Z GEFS MEAN DOES OFFER

POTENTIAL FOR PCPN TO EXTEND FARTHER WWD THAN THE OPERATIONAL RUN

EVEN THOUGH THE GEFS MEAN SFC TRACK IS SIMILAR TO OR A FRACTION E

OF THE GFS.

So looking at the last three ECMWF runs we have gone from : yesterday 12Z low tucked in 50 miles south of LI, last night 0Z low moves off Delaware, today 12z low moves off NC/VA border to 37/70.

I'm glad it has this impressive bomb, but this southern trend must stop or forget about it....

Man that phase in the deep south that the ecmwf has is just so pretty to look at. Textbook and rare I might add. Epic.

Mm, indeed it is.

Folks, if you are attempting to supply analogs for this I would look for Miller A captured by northern stream scenarios.

Btw, that day 120 into 144 on the 12z Euro is odd looking - though stranger things have happened. But we go to 4 contours or more with the closing mid level circulation, than rip it open and squirt it abruptly out the next day. This is clearly because there is a Pac jet punching through the northern Rockies and High Plains, entering a progressivity into a retrograde pattern.

I suspect that is in error and any such pattern break down would be a slower onset. The PNA is rising and ends up positive now at both CDC and CPC, so this run definitely doesn't fit well with that.

That was why I asked what was going on between 120 and 144 :lol:

Seemed pretty crazy as to what was being modeled at 120 then all of a sudden seeing the thing just open up and speed away.

do you guys want me to do qpf maps for your region off sv?

I would certainly love to see maps if you could draw some up. I was actually going to ask if anyone who has access to WSI or SV could draw some up as we get closer. I know the SV maps are usually too wet from what I've heard but I would still like to at least see some sort of visual.

So looking at the last three ECMWF runs we have gone from : yesterday 12Z low tucked in 50 miles south of LI, last night 0Z low moves off Delaware, today 12z low moves off NC/VA border to 37/70.

I'm glad it has this impressive bomb, but this southern trend must stop or forget about it....

Frightening, isn't it? So much bust potential--that's why I'm clamoring for a northward shift.

alright i was just asking, cause someone from your thread asked me to extend my maps up to your area. If you guys want to go off the wsi maps thats fine, just wanted to ask.

Just go ahead and do so :)

Who cars if they are wetter than WSI maps, it would be nice for those of us who don't have access to at least have a visual.

Archived