Monty
November 2016 Pattern Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Thanksgiving is a pure rain storm

The 12z ECM does start off with a period of snow and sleet before the changeover.

But the interesting thing is the second piece of energy. At 96hrs on the 18z GFS, the weak TG shortwave is over PA, but there's more consolidated vorticity out near the KS/NE border...this tracks east and by 132 hours pops a coastal that affects much of the Northeast on Saturday.

If the 1st s/w can run out ahead and stays weak, then the 2nd s/w can dig w a colder airmass in place for the Sat/Sun event.

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea back to light snow here as well. 33.4.

Very surprised how long it's been snowing. Only about 0.1 to show for it but fake snow does that. 

I think you guys are getting sound enhancement. That band is just missing me to the east . Pretty crazy you even saw a coating. 

It's been snowing harder here (moderate now) and there is a decent coating on everything but the paved surfaces.  We are right on the edge of that band.  If it slips South a few blocks, we'll be out of it but looks great for the moment.  Not quite a quarter inch, but it is measurable.

Temp is down a few tenths above 32 so technically not freezing.

3 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

It's been snowing harder here (moderate now) and there is a decent coating on everything but the paved surfaces.  We are right on the edge of that band.  If it slips South a few blocks, we'll be out of it but looks great for the moment.  Not quite a quarter inch, but it is measurable.

Temp is down a few tenths above 32 so technically not freezing.

32.9 here now..nice surprise for us. 

I was on the SSP a short while ago and all the cars heading west had snow on them while the cars heading east generally had nothing. I reached the LIE where it started flurrying (first flakes for me), and then the sun started coming out. More accidents than usual this morning.

There's more snow on the ground in parts of Suffolk than I anticipated.

Archived