BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't pay to get invested in snowfall amounts beyond 24-48 hrs. You knew something was fishy

when the Euro had the jackpot west of NYC and lower amounts at the coast and none of the storms

followed that pattern this year.

You would think in march that inland areas have a better chance. What a fail of a winter for inland areas. This storm looked like it was going to deliver a big punch for everyone. It would have been cool to get a big snowstorm the same days as 1958.

It doesn't pay to get invested in snowfall amounts beyond 24-48 hrs. You knew something was fishy

when the Euro had the jackpot west of NYC and lower amounts at the coast and none of the storms

followed that pattern this year.

Ag3 was correct, hate to admit it.. Looking at the vapor loop from 2 days ago.... It screamed OTS solution

You would think in march that inland areas have a better chance. What a fail of a winter for inland areas. This storm looked like it was going to deliver a big punch for everyone. It would have been cool to get a big snowstorm the same days as 1958.

This one was always OTS or a coastal hit. The pattern never supported an inland hit. Trough orientation and especially the positions of the block and 50/50 were not ideal.

This one was always OTS or a coastal hit. The pattern never supported an inland hit. Trough orientation and especially the positions of the block and 50/50 were not ideal.

I was called a weenie by many because I said that the storm wasnt going to go inland because of the pattern . I thought we had a chance with this. The pna ridge is also a big problem with this storm.

Ag3 was correct, hate to admit it.. Looking at the vapor loop from 2 days ago.... It screamed OTS solution

The stupid 50/50 was too far south and the confluence associated with it interacted too much with the lead wave and dampened the heights along the east coast. Because of that, the main wave could not slow down to give the northern vort a chance to fully phase until well past our latitude.

Oh well.

I was called a weenie by many because I said that the storm wasnt going to go inland because of the pattern . I thought we had a chance with this. The pna ridge is also a big problem with this storm.

Western ridge is fine. That wasn't the issue.

Archived