• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Is there any professionals in the meteorology field willing to help a group of Cub Scouts learn?

SnowScout

To whoever is approving this post, I'm hoping you all can post this request so we can see if there is anyone that can help in the BWI/Ft Meade Area for a group of Cub Scouts trying to learn about weather and meteorology.

Good evening, I am a member of the administrative committee for my son's Cub Scout Pack 957 in Millersville, MD. The Pack Leader/Scoutmaster has asked me if I could possibly find a guest speaker for what they call STEM Day on April 23rd in Ft. Meade. It's a day where Scouts learn about science, technology, etc. One of the badges they earn by learning about a subject is the weather merit badge.  Do you know if there is a way to post on your message board to find out if there are any professionals in the industry that would be willing to donate their time to help the Cub Scouts learn about weather and meteorology?

I do not have all the details on how long it would take during the day or what would be involved, but if there are some that might be interested on your message board, if you can provide email addresses I will ask the Packleader/Scoutmaster to contact them via email directly with information and what is done in the program.

Apparently this is something they have done in the past, but their previous volunteer is not available this year.

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Archived