Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the banter thread, an excellent place for a question like that. I think a lot has to do with your frame of reference. The upper level players have shifted a little south over the past 24 hrs, as has the southern extent of the storm.

Welcome indeed. I need to stay off Twitter. They say it's over. Gfs was right. I might blow a gasket. Lmao

Yeah, the 00z Euro basically shifted in such a way to make almost everyone happy.

One thing that may be going on is the actual players on the field have trended south while the models have sniffed out more precip on the northern extent of the precip shield -- I remember reading models generally have a bias to lower totals on the northern edge of the precip shield?

If so, it really does make everyone happy!

I'll gladly take a more southerly surface low, transfer location and ULL track and give the MA more precip than they had at 12z. I'll take my chances with a deform band setting up shop somewhere near me after an already big thump of precip with what is shown on the NAV and Euro.

I don't get his posts? 

The only major model that was south, the European, has made a significant shift to the North at 00z. Bringing much more confidence to the forecast for the Friday-Sunday Blizzard. In my opinion expect slight nudges to the north to continue.
-GB

I don't get his posts? 

The only major model that was south, the European, has made a significant shift to the North at 00z. Bringing much more confidence to the forecast for the Friday-Sunday Blizzard. In my opinion expect slight nudges to the north to continue.

-GB

It's north as it pertains to his subscribers in the NE as it goes up the coast a bit more and the precip shield is more expansive..  But not N for us.

I don't get his posts? 

-GB

post-1714-0-94042000-1453273776_thumb.jp

Yeah , the pages of Euro pbp from last nights run almost seemed orgasmic!? Now it sucked and GSP says no ice or snow S of the NC line? Our local tv mets are honking more snow and ice now for Friday night and Sat!? Seems like I'm in bizarro world!?

Yea I agree...it's somewhat confusing at times. What I've learned over the years on here is follow the model runs for trends in either direction. But stick with GSP for the real deal forecast. They won't change until a real consensus of the models occurs. They are right MOST of the time. If I see them start to honk their horns tomorrow then I'll get excited.

Yeah , the pages of Euro pbp from last nights run almost seemed orgasmic!? Now it sucked and GSP says no ice or snow S of the NC line? Our local tv mets are honking more snow and ice now for Friday night and Sat!? Seems like I'm in bizarro world!?

Sorry but who said the Euro sucked? :huh: I am not seeing that anywhere. GSP is just being conservative as they should be.

What a forecast, don't see this much!

REST OF TODAY...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY THIS AFTERNOON.
SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. HIGHS AROUND 30. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE
EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. NOT AS COOL. NEAR
STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
CHANCE OF SNOW 20 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. NOT AS COOL WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER
40S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. SNOW AND SLEET LIKELY...MAINLY AFTER
MIDNIGHT. MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. LOWS IN THE UPPER
20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING EAST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER
MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND
RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION.
COOLER. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 30S. EAST WINDS
AROUND 10 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...SLEET. FREEZING RAIN AND RAIN IN THE EVENING...
THEN SNOW LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. ADDITIONAL MODERATE SNOW
ACCUMULATION. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 30. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY IN THE MORNING.
ADDITIONAL MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE MID
30S. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT. 

Archived