Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With tomorrow being 2 days before the storm, does anyone think watches will be issued in some areas tomorrow afternoon ?

My guess for my area office of GSP (purely guess)... Hazardous weather outlook in the morning, maybe special weather statement afternoon shift. Then Winter Storm Watches Thursday AM shift.

My guess for my area office of GSP (purely guess)... Hazardous weather outlook in the morning, maybe special weather statement afternoon shift. Then Winter Storm Watches Thursday AM shift.

I guess they only issue watches 2+ days in advance in high confidence situations. Ive seen watches issued at least 2 days in advance in many cases.

Imagine widespread power outages in Charlotte and the rush to get power back for game time. I'll be at the game Sunday if I have to walk.

its gonna suck if anyone has to fly to Charlotte for the game. They better leave before Fri afternoon. If they have flights booked for Fri night or sat I'm afraid they will miss the game.

Imagine widespread power outages in Charlotte and the rush to get power back for game time. I'll be at the game Sunday if I have to walk.

That actually could be a situation where I have to work storm patrol. My company really doesn't want to do it ever again unless absolutely needed since we are so busy with other Duke work (as well as other utility companies throughout the country) but I could certainly see Duke desperately wanting our help due to the circumstances. At least I'd make a killing.

That actually could be a situation where I have to work storm patrol. My company really doesn't want to do it ever again unless absolutely needed since we are so busy with other Duke work (as well as other utility companies throughout the country) but I could certainly see Duke desperately wanting our help due to the circumstances. At least I'd make a killing.

Good... come get me and drop me off at the North Gate Sunday about 430 :tomato::thumbsup:

Where's James. He usually has the ukie goods before anyone else. He's to young to be in bed, which is where I should be.

Yeah, I'll be up until EPS comes out at 3 AM.  I really don't have to get up early these days usually (I'm in an M.A. Applied Economics program and my work hours - mostly coding SAS/STATA - are flexible), so I am always up late, LOL.

Actually, I'd probably be up even if I had to get up at 8 AM given this situation.

Of course, I haven't gotten much work today today.  :yikes:

The UKIE goods are out on the crappy French site, but I think I'll wait until the Meteocentre maps are out, which are much easier to read.

Archived