Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He gets plenty of those here.

He's a she. :)

My parents moved us to FL when I was a kid, never got used to the humidity, just never took to the place. Moved to NC for tech jobs, the occasional snow is a nice bonus. Biggest problem now is all the darn Floridians moving here. ;)

He's a she. :)

My parents moved us to FL when I was a kid, never got used to the humidity, just never took to the place. Moved to NC for tech jobs, the occasional snow is a nice bonus. Biggest problem now is all the darn Floridians moving here. ;)

Why would Floridians move to a state with so much cold weather and snow ? I thought most people moved to FL to get away from winter weather.

Why would Floridians move to a state with so much cold weather and snow ? I thought most people moved to FL to get away from winter weather.

Don't make me list the reasons to move AWAY from Florida, that'll be a whole separate thread.

Why would Floridians move to a state with so much cold weather and snow. I thought most people moved to FL to get away from winter weather.

For my family, it was the increase of crime and the drugs in Florida. Dad up and quit his job one day, said to put the house on the market (it sold within a week) because he was not going to raise his kids in that state, he loaded up a moving van and we drove North...not knowing where we were going to go. They drove through Spartanburg, SC and decided it looked nice. We lived in a dumpy motel for a month till dad got a job and ended up living there for 5 years before he got transferred here. I've visited Fort Lauderdale many times and am SO thankful he took that risk. You couldn't pay me to live in Florida. I love North Carolina. <3

For my family, it was the increase of crime and the drugs in Florida. Dad up and quit his job one day, said to put the house on the market (it sold within a week), he loaded up a moving van and drove North...not knowing where we were going to go. They drove through Spartanburg, SC and decided it looked nice. We lived in a dumpy motel for a month till dad got a job and ended up living there for 5 years before he got transferred here. I've visited Fort Lauderdale many times and am SO thankful he took that risk. You couldn't pay me to live in Florida. I love North Carolina. <3

Maybe it was just the part of Florida you were in. I'm sure certain parts of NC has crime and drug infested areas. Every state has it's good and bad areas.

Maybe it was just the part of Florida you were in. I'm sure certain parts of NC has crime and drug infested areas.

Well of course. But regardless, I hate that state. We had a cheer competition in Orlando 3 years ago. Even though we got to go to Disney, I still hated it. People were so rude! I made the mistake of going to a Walmart there....Omg. That trip made me appreciate the people at my Walmart here in town!

Maybe it was just the part of Florida you were in. I'm sure certain parts of NC has crime and drug infested areas. Every state has it's good and bad areas.

Oh, I lived all over Florida. The crazy goes deep. Thirty years there, trust and believe.

That said, this is starting to feel like trolling, so I'm out.

I'd still love a new grocery store at Southpoint.

Yeah man, just up the road from Blackburn Elementary. About 5 miles down the road from Mountain View. 

Welcome to the NW Piedmont!  I didn't notice your location had changed until HkyWX pointed it out.  How long have you been up here rather than down in the QC?

The 0z NAM, GFS, CMC, UK, NAVGEM, EURO, and FRENCHFRIES models are not going to cut it.

:thumbsup:

Well done, good sir.  Well done!

Basically a northern Publix

Not even close, IMHO. The fresh foods section and dining area are better than Earth Fare and Whole Foods. Durham Southport is also on Wegmans radar. We are looking forward to Richmond openings soon. Speaking of groceries, the new Whole Foods in uptown Charlotte looks great...on/off the light rail into the store.

Not even close, IMHO. The fresh foods section and dining area are better than Earth Fare and Whole Foods. Durham Southport is also on Wegmans radar. We are looking forward to Richmond openings soon. Speaking of groceries, the new Whole Foods in uptown Charlotte looks great...on/off the light rail into the store.

Gotcha, just going by what my friends have said. I've only been in one Wegman's before and that was just to grab some gum after lunch one day while working. I'm all for more grocer options!

Don't tease me! We cooking types are thirsty for ingredient sourcing down here.

Archived