Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get annoyed at the poorly informed six-word analyses of each model room.  Then someone has to come along and provide accurate context.

:facepalm:

- Looks south.

- Edit, not really.

- Colder at  the surface

- Edit, actually warmer cant be right

- Storm is gonna go boom!

- Edit, it's in Cuba :(

Lol at the French model.

J'aime ca!

Does it go past 84?  Or is like the French Nam?  The FRam.

lol...i haven't watched it for long but .it actually did fairly well with our last low. This will be the first time i've followed it in a setup like this...really curious how it does. you north carolina folks are setting pretty... hell can't blame us poor georgia folks for trying to find a little sliver of hope can you? :weenie:

lol...i haven't watched it for long but .it actually did fairly well with our last low. This will be the first time i've followed it in a setup like this...really curious how it does. you north carolina folks are setting pretty... hell can't blame us poor georgia folks for trying to find a little sliver of hope can you? :weenie:

Haha, you guys may yet get in the game.  Or the NW trend starts anytime and we're back to watching the mid-Atlantic and NE get hammered!

Will be interesting to see which location gets more snow.. My families house back in Marion where i grew up at 1250 ft elevation or where i live now in Danville, 7 miles N of the NC border at 550 ft elevation..

Both of those locations are gonna do great. I guess you could have some minor mixing issues at some point, but probably not enough to worry. I'm at just over 2,000ft here in Blacksburg and a major snow is pretty much a lock for us in this part of VA

Both of those locations are gonna do great. I guess you could have some minor mixing issues at some point, but probably not enough to worry. I'm at just over 2,000ft here in Blacksburg and a major snow is pretty much a lock for us in this part of VA

Yea, all depends on how much mixing occurs. I think from Blacksburg to Charlottesville may be the jackpot with this storm with 2 ft plus possible..

i think back to the traffic jam in birmingham when Spann told folks a NO impact event about 12 hours before folks were having to abandon their cars....in that case it had been cold for many hours prior to the moisture arriving and of course any moisture making it to the ground would freeze, a similar setup right now for areas of northern bama, the ground is cold now and the moisture appears to be coming.......to dismiss the "possibility" to me is a very bad thing for a tv forecaster to do.

Our greatest local tv met on fox21,KK, just said a few flurries possible tomorrow ( as the future radar was in motion behind her, showing way more than flurries) .

On to Th/Fr storm, no frozen S of the NC border!

SMDH! One of the best!

Game over? :snowing:

Archived