Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe the model consistency and agreement with this weekend's storm. 4+ days out (maybe more) everything was seemingly nailed down to within 100 miles. 

I've been thinking the same damn thing and it pisses me off. We can't get consistency between the models 24 hours out and yet all of the models have been virtual copies of each other with this one, at least in terms of on the ground impacts with insane amounts for days.I wonder what's like to see every model showing 1 to 2 feet or even more of snow for days without any doubt on temps or amounts? Must be freaking nice. If it was us they would have shifted 500 miles by now..........several times and we would likely end up with rain.

This storm especially sucks to me.  i'm used to getting screwed... but My god..the gods have once again seen fit to spread cheeks and ram it in deeper than ever with this one. . A bad winter is a lot more tolerable when i know the mid atlantic/dc weenies  sucks too..and to see them get a storm measured in freaking feet is just sickening and torture.

I've been thinking the same damn thing and it pisses me off. We can't get consistency between the models 24 hours out and yet all of the models have been virtual copies of each other with this one, at least in terms of on the ground impacts with insane amounts for days.I wonder what's like to see every model showing 1 to 2 feet or even more of snow for days without any doubt on temps or amounts? Must be freaking nice. If it was us they would have shifted 500 miles by now..........several times and we would likely end up with rain.

This storm especially sucks to me. i'm used to getting screwed... but My god..the gods have once again seen fit to spread cheeks and ram it in deeper than ever with this one. . A bad winter is a lot more tolerable when i know the mid atlantic/dc weenies sucks too..and to see them get a storm measured in freaking feet is just sickening and torture.

I'm with ya brother. Even worse if something miraculous happens here I'm leaving for Florida saturday!

This storm especially sucks to me.  i'm used to getting screwed... but My god..the gods have once again seen fit to spread cheeks and ram it in deeper than ever with this one. . A bad winter is a lot more tolerable when i know the mid atlantic/dc weenies  sucks too..and to see them get a storm measured in freaking feet is just sickening and torture.

Those of us in SC feel the same about NC when it snows.

So, how do you reconcile this post:

Well GSP says all rain in the upstate except for a little snow at the very end. On to the next one for SC. I'd be willing to bet that by Thursday this storm is rain even for Boone and all the way to DC. The north trend starts tonight and will not reverse.

with this post?

That's a question we may not know until the event is ongoing. 1 or 2 degrees in this kind of event can make all the difference between just a cold rain or major ice storm. Just last year, the upstate had mostly rain in the forecast and of course we ended up with sleet and temps 3-5 degrees colder than forecast. I'm thinking right now that we get .25 or more of ice north of a Pickens, Easley, Fountain Inn, Union to York line. This could of course be wrong by 50 miles or more either way, depending on just how things work out. I'd say a major ice storm, or maybe snow, is a slam dunk for Rutherford and Cleveland counties northward though.

You were totally trolling yesterday, huh?

I know we're probably about to go in storm mode... I can't resist giving mby questions dumb answers. Won't do it anymore, as they get deleted. My apologies. If the 18z GFS caves, this board will too.

The replies did make me giggle   ;)   

You can go chase in CLT and stay at my mother in laws...lol. 

:lol:  Thanks for the offer  :hug: 

Come on back, sir. It's looking pretty good around these parts right now. Obviously, a lot can still change...

You are sitting pretty. My wife will kill me, but if northern Catawba County gets a forecast for something like modeled I'm going to drag her and the dogs to my parents. Screw 15-18", I'd have to experience 2'+.

Archived