Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There wasn't any talk from the Euro run last night about next week.

The euro op is not going to cut it.  It delays the southern stream low and because it does, there is sufficient time to warm up for rain. (perfect track for many though).  

On the other hand, the euro ensembles from 0z looked really good for TN and NC (at least the northern half of TN and NC).  It shows a Miller A track from the gulf coast area of Louisana to the southeast coast, around the GA/SC border with cold deepening at 850 as it treks ene across the gulf coast states.

i am slowly learning the weather board stuff....seems if the models dont show the superstorm of 93 then it is a huge FAIL and everybody starts cliff jumping........the model must be perfect or it is a fail..........but a FEW people understand no model EVER nails all the details of any storm.........FEW and far between.

I think alot of folks has got a much better chance at seeing some accumulating snowfall mid next week than sundays event. One reason being if we do have a storm to verify we will already have arctic air in place when that moves through. Cause its going to be pretty cold first half of next week. The 12z GFS is spitting out 2-3" amounts for GA/SC and more for NW NC. So that potential may be much more fun. We already around the 5 day point for that potential.

For me, December was a solid B.  Got lots of things done outside and was comfortable doing them. January is so far a C- at best. Like most winter months around here, cold enough to be uncomfortable but to no purpose. 

Yes sir,

One must find the sunshine,(see what I did  there?) Dec allowed me a great jump on my newly seeded pasture. It is still bright Kelly green and thick.

I think alot of folks has got a much better chance at seeing some accumulating snowfall mid next week than sundays event. One reason being if we do have a storm to verify we will already have arctic air in place when that moves through. Cause its going to be pretty cold first half of next week. The 12z GFS is spitting out 2-3" amounts for GA/SC and more for NW NC. So that potential may be much more fun. We already around the 5 day point for that potential.

Start a thread for it. We are within 5 days.

For me, December was a solid B.  Got lots of things done outside and was comfortable doing them. January is so far a C- at best. Like most winter months around here, cold enough to be uncomfortable but to no purpose.  

I would completely agree with this for both months, especially December.  While a lover of snow, I do think the December weather was great to do things outside and/or simply BE outside.  

I would completely agree with this for both months, especially December.  While a lover of snow, I do think the December weather was great to do things outside and/or simply BE outside.  

No No No !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The weather in December was horrible. The month where I most want snow and cold is December because it just goes better with the holidays. 

No No No !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The weather in December was horrible. The month where I most want snow and cold is December because it just goes better with the holidays. 

wait....you are in Georgia and you want snow in Dec? You gotta move sir. I just happen to have a nice horse farm for sale on a mountain in No Va. Make you a Christmas deal!

wait....you are in Georgia and you want snow in Dec? You gotta move sir. I just happen to have a nice horse farm for sale on a mountain in No Va. Make you a Christmas deal!

hey I've seen snow in Dec before. I don't necessarily want snow but it would be nice to not have temps in Dec 12 degrees above normal for the whole month !!!

Why are people so sure that the models can't miss something and another January 2000 can't ever happen again?

Probably because although surprises are still possible misses that huge just aren't very likely, especially these days with advancements in the models. Todays models are quite a bit better than the old eta, avn, and ngm.

Archived