Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if we have a crappy winter with little or no snow when the signs pointed to us having a big winter, then it's safe to say we have no idea what we need to have to get a good winter. Either that or the dynamics of our weather have changed, and what gave us big winters in the past don't apply anymore. No matter what the pattern or indicies look like, it seems we just have to get lucky more and more to get snow here. We still have a long way to go, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Not saying we're not going to have a good winter. Just saying if we don't it's going to make figuring out what we need for a good winter outlook a lot harder. 

doh! I almost played the exact same powerball numbers that I did on Saturday when not a single number on any of my 5 tickets hit. Decided at the last minute to pick all new ones. If I had played the same ones as Saturday I would have won $1000 last night. DANG IT!!!!!

Yeah it is frustrating but you know something will change eventually. It would be nice to get snow chance after snow chance like all the repetitive rain storm we have had. I guess we need to be patient and wait for the Atlantic waters to cool some more and the trough to back west some in a stable pattern. The pacific influence seems to be pushing the whole set up of the ridge in the west and trough in the east to far to the east. Now the tracks are too far south and east.

Yeah it is frustrating but you know something will change eventually. It would be nice to get snow chance after snow chance like all the repetitive rain storm we have had. I guess we need to be patient and wait for the Atlantic waters to cool some more and the trough to back west some in a stable pattern. The pacific influence seems to be pushing the whole set up of the ridge in the west and trough in the east to far to the east. Now the tracks are too far south and east.

That is what I was hoping for. Some back to back storms like we had with all the rain since fall. Now it seems we get the rain when it's too warm, and when it's cold enough for snow it's going to our south. 

Pretty much every run of the GFS has shown some snow for us. Don't get discouraged, probably over for NC but us in GA have a good shot at some light snow.

No offense at all intended to my Carolina brothers, but has anyone ever considered a separate forum for us GA, AL, FL and MS folks?

It seems the great majority of you all are Carolina folks, which is fine but doesen't cover me in West Central Ga very well. Maybe there aren't many posters from these deeper southern states?

I know I just lurk alot, and I love your analysis, but it's "all Carolina, all the time", so to speak.

Sorry a little off topic. :)

To help stay on topic, MBY will be toasty today and in the 60's. The only snow in sight here is the local WX forecast calling for N. Georgia flurries on Sunday but "nothing to worry about here".  :weep:

No offense at all intended to my Carolina brothers, but has anyone ever considered a separate forum for us GA, AL, FL and MS folks?

It seems the great majority of you all are Carolina folks, which is fine but doesen't cover me in West Central Ga very well. Maybe there aren't many posters from these deeper southern states?

I know I just lurk alot, and I love your analysis, but it's "all Carolina, all the time", so to speak.

To help stay on topic, MBY will be toasty today and in the 60's. The only snow in sight here is the local WX forecast calling for N. Georgia flurries on Sunday but "nothing to worry about here".  :weep:

I know there's a lot of NC peeps, but that shouldn't stop anyone from posting :)

Whew, model chasing is brutal.  :yikes:

Indeed :lol:

To help stay on topic, MBY will be toasty today and in the 60's. The only snow in sight here is the local WX forecast calling for N. Georgia flurries on Sunday but "nothing to worry about here". :weep:

well heck, Tenn valley has their own forum even though they are in the southeast. Maybe it is a good idea for GA, AL, FL, MS to split and make our own forum. Then again if we did that there may not be many people talking and we would constantly be going to the Carolina forum and seeing what everyone is talking about.

Splitting the forum anymore is a bad idea.  We already lost a good many good posters when the Tenn/Mountain SE subsection was made.

If you stick around long enough, you'll learn a great deal regardless of the state being talked about.  When a threat is real for Georgia, people will start talking about details.  There are some good posters from GA on here...

I see your point but I think a forum without NC folks and weather in it might be pretty boring.   I go out to raysweather for beech mtn almost every day even though I may or may not take a trip to beech during the year, or I might take 5.  Got to admit NC is the place to be when talking about snow in the SE.   Guess I live through them vicariously.  And whenever there is a credible threat down this way you can count on seeing some people like DahlonegaWX and others pop in.  But maybe thats just me since I've got to know NC people from their posts over the years. 

switching gears, it seemed a lot of people were putting a lot of irrational hope on the outlier GFS, so really no reason to be bummed at this point.  Even TWC was not going with the GFS on this one and I thought they always hugged it for their 5 day forecast.  Seems to me we are in a great pattern and if we just hold out hope things can get very exciting for the next few weeks.  I must say I have enjoyed the discussion on this first chance event and am looking forward to listening to everyone track the parade of chances we are going to have starting now. 

How would it be a good idea to split NC from the rest of the forum. That's where all the posters are from. During PBP they often say "snow for NGA" etc. So why split the forum? There is like 6 ga posters. That would be extremely boring. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

How would it be a good idea to split NC from the rest of the forum. That's where all the posters are from. During PBP they often say "snow for NGA" etc. So why split the forum? There is like 6 ga posters. That would be extremely boring. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

For real.  Max gives the best forecasts for Georgia that I have ever seen.  He's right 95% of the time with his pessimism.

Archived