Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburg is on the west side of the Appalachians and Atlanta is on the east side. Physical geography rules, not longitude.

I don't even consider Atlanta to be on the east side of the apps. Its not like there are any mountains west of Atlanta, unless you consider those big hills in east Alabama to be mountains.Atlanta is on the south side of the apps.

Full force weenie mode over there in that other thread.  My soundings say "Rain".  Not even moisture in the snow growth area for CAE. :(

We SC guys absolutely love the track through our state.  Does well to give us an amazing chilly rain.  I've been looking forward to it all Winter!

i want to thank jack from the other board for banning me......the constant stream of rule breaking by the select few there, is something i could not resist making a comment about as i am doing here.......rules should be applied equally for ALL........now please dont ban me here for daring to post TRUTH.

Full force weenie mode over there in that other thread.  My soundings say "Rain".  Not even moisture in the snow growth area for CAE. :(

We SC guys absolutely love the track through our state.  Does well to give us an amazing chilly rain.  I've been looking forward to it all Winter!

gfs tries hard to throw some wraparound snow as temps crash when the lp pulls away.  im rooting for you guys, when i lived in sc it was miserable seeing nc get snow while i got the shaft.  we need a hp to build in badly.

gfs tries hard to throw some wraparound snow as temps crash when the lp pulls away.  im rooting for you guys, when i lived in sc it was miserable seeing nc get snow while i got the shaft.  we need a hp to build in badly.

Nothing more frustrating being in Columbia, hell even Blythewood, and seeing a cold rain, meanwhile an hour up 77 Charlotte is getting buried in snow.

Nothing more frustrating being in Columbia, hell even Blythewood, and seeing a cold rain, meanwhile an hour up 77 Charlotte is getting buried in snow.

lol, euro still says no to the whole shabang.  i'll side with that one... considering it's ensembles were like that at 00z. vs this GFS mess.

we wouldn't have moisture left in the snow growth zone to make pretty snowflakes me no thinks.  its just a bad track for most of SC and overall, I don't think the GFS is right.  I like the Euro ensembles and they pretty much all blanked us here in CAE last night at 00z.

The GFS ensembles do too.. the 850s can be as cold as they want but overcoming 40F won't cut it... especially true with the crap GFS track through here.

Maybe NC can squeak something out.... we shall see.... i'd think you guys want the Euro to not send it to Cuba though... 4 days out.. time.

It's hard to imagine the EURO being so far off at 96 hours, so until it honks I ain't buying.

Well if it makes you feel better... the late-range NAM could be going towards the Southern digging cuban storm of doom if it went out longer..... like the Euro OP lol

oh this could be setting up for a classic 18z gfs trainwreck where it sends the low to cuba and everyone jumps off the cliff only for the 00z euro to have a bomb similar to the 12z gfs.

Gonna be funny if GFS holds onto the bomb at 18z, and 00z , then Euro still shows supression at 0z! How long can they stay polar opposites

nice.

A system like this is the reason you should never cash anything unless you are 36-24 hrs out in the SE. 

Hell  until I look out my window and see snow its suspect lol....that said this is so typical of a SE potential snowstorm so far with the models disagreement and track/strength swings...

Archived