• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

I was at the regular season Panthers vs. Rams game (greatest show on turf) in early Dec 2000.  Under a winter storm warning for snow and didn't see a flake - infamous bust storm that hit E NC

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20001203/

That was a crazy storm..  NWS had even thrown around totals of up to a foot for Charlotte at one point within 48 hours of that storm, if i recall correctly, and it didn't snow at all.  I'm always very skeptical of this type of storm.  When we have energy transferring from that direction to the coast... there is always a chance we get skipped.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a crazy storm..  NWS had even thrown around totals of up to a foot for Charlotte at one point within 48 hours of that storm, if i recall correctly, and it didn't snow at all.  I'm always very skeptical of this type of storm.  When we have energy transferring from that direction to the coast... there is always a chance we get skipped.

isohume cleaned up that office...they don't have those kinds of misses now  :)

It has never snowed for a Panthers game at home.

I was at the Panthers vs Rams in 2000. It snowed that day, not alot but there were flurries. Went to see the greatest show on turf and was extremely disappointed. Rams scored 3 points because it was freezing, snowing and Warner threw 4 INTs.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call.... The GFS Parallel.

So much yes in this statement. Thanks Stovepipe!

There are going to be temp issues. It is always an issue in North Carolina outside of the mountains with storms of this nature. When was the last time we had a low go up the coast when the piedmont p-type did not 1) start with rain, 2) mix with rain, 3) end with rain, 4) have 850s too warm so the p-type turned over to zr?

Big storms without temp issues just don't happen anymore in the piedmont of North Carolina. Period.

There are going to be temp issues. It is always an issue in North Carolina outside of the mountains with storms of this nature. When was the last time we had a low go up the coast when the piedmont p-type did not 1) start with rain, 2) mix with rain, 3) end with rain, 4) have 850s too warm so the p-type turned over to zr?

Big storms without temp issues just don't happen anymore in the piedmont of North Carolina. Period.

January 1988, 2003, 2010, 2011 all say hello.

what I don't understand is the Braves in the NL East and Pirates in NL Central. Pittsburgh is wayyyyyy east of Atlanta so that makes no sense at all.

They are closer to Cincy, St Louis and Chicago I guess. Atlanta has to go to NY, Washington, Mia and Philly. Pittsburgh isn't complaing. They don't travel far at all. ha

They are closer to Cincy, St Louis and Chicago I guess. Atlanta has to go to NY, Washington, Mia and Philly. Pittsburgh isn't complaing. They don't travel far at all. ha

pitt is closer to philly, NY, dc than they are most of the teams in the NL Central. Atlanta is closer to St.louis, Cincinnati, and Chicago than most teams in the NL East.

Archived