Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to check out with 18z GEFS member p002, please.  Great for western areas.  Temps are close here at times, but with that big of a storm, we can sleet some and it'll be okay.

j9pjpt.gif

Not as good for much of the board, but this is the first snow of the season (in the unlikely event said event actually happens), so it's every man for himself!  :gun_bandana:

I'd like to check out with 18z GEFS member p002, please.  Great for western areas.  Temps are close here at times, but with that big of a storm, we can sleet some and it'll be okay.

j9pjpt.gif

Not as good for much of the board, but this is the first snow of the season (in the unlikely event said event actually happens), so it's every man for himself!  :gun_bandana:

:lol:

I'd take that and move to Bermuda for the remainder of winter.

Van Denton, as big a snow weenie as there is in TV met land, did not mention the S word in his forecast for this coming weekend.  Just the R word.  How big a snow weenie is he?  He has his own snow gun to cover his yard during cold spells.

He likes snow if he feel there's a 10% chance he will mention it.......  best TV Met in our area! I think. Besides Matthew East of course

Van Denton, as big a snow weenie as there is in TV met land, did not mention the S word in his forecast for this coming weekend. Just the R word. How big a snow weenie is he? He has his own snow gun to cover his yard during cold spells.

Well I'm sure Brick will be in here soon to get all in his grill about it.

Van Denton, as big a snow weenie as there is in TV met land, did not mention the S word in his forecast for this coming weekend.  Just the R word.  How big a snow weenie is he?  He has his own snow gun to cover his yard during cold spells.

shhhhhhhh!! Don't say that! Reality is frowned upon here  :P 

It would be kind of hilarious in a way if this thing trends so far NW that we end up with an Apps Runner or something.  Of course, that won't happen.  Wouldn't surprise me if there's no storm at all (or to put it differently, it would be more surprising if there was a storm at this point... still looks quite low probability).

Will the 0z gfs stick to its guns or lose the storm?

Voting begins now.. I think it sticks to its guns tonight.

Ens mean is too good to lose it really, if anything it may trend colder/warmer...but the storm will be there I think.

Why are we even discussing the NAM with regards to a storm 5 days out?

Every model has validity if it shows a trend and knowing a models strengths and weakness helps also. 

This model bashing is getting really old. Every model has it's strengthens and weaknesses. 

Really? Thought it was setting up nicely at hour 84...

Less interaction between the trough and ULL due to the trough digging less. 

Every model has validity if it shows a trend and knowing a models strengths and weakness helps also.

This model bashing is getting really old. Every model has it's strengthens and weaknesses.

Less interaction between the trough and ULL due to the trough digging less.

nam at 84 hours has no strength. It's not "model bashing" it's common sense.

Anyways It doesn't look too far off from the gfs.

Archived