Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amazing pattern is showing signs of going away much faster & sooner than we want.  We can't win down here it seems.  I haven't looked, but was hearing the 18z GEFS wasn't too great.

Shawn - see my #841 ....

in jest but may be with this winter, could be

The amazing pattern is showing signs of going away much faster & sooner than we want. We can't win down here it seems. I haven't looked, but was hearing the 18z GEFS wasn't too great.

According to most, the pattern never got here! Hell, I can get 2day cold shots, then warm up and rain, then 3 day cold shot, repeat! That's winter here and that's what we have! Don't think the super 2009/10 redux ever started.

The amazing pattern is showing signs of going away much faster & sooner than we want. We can't win down here it seems. I haven't looked, but was hearing the 18z GEFS wasn't too great.

I see the ensembles from all three globals and I don't see any of this. What are you seeing?

According to most, the pattern never got here! Hell, I can get 2day cold shots, then warm up and rain, then 3 day cold shot, repeat! That's winter here and that's what we have! Don't think the super 2009/10 redux ever started.

Well Mack, even with things not looking amazing.. I think you're still in a much better spot than those of us down here before Winter is over.

I see the ensembles from all three globals and I don't see any of this. What are you seeing?

Oh, I'm just mimicking Brick and repeating stuff I see all over the place.  I don't have models right now, but it seems people are starting to get down on the pattern.  So I'm just bantering away.

If it looks good across most guidance, awesome & nevermind.

Oh, I'm just mimicking Brick and repeating stuff I see all over the place. I don't have models right now, but it seems people are starting to get down on the pattern. So I'm just bantering away.

If it looks good across most guidance, awesome & nevermind.

gotcha. The pattern going forward is still supportive of southeast snowstorms the snow is what all of us have been missing. Hopefully that changes very soon.

I was thinking about moving and Banner Elk, NC was suggested to me for a nice place to settle down. What do you guys think?

good place for snow. Haywood and Madison County would be just as good and cost you less. Heck, NE Tennessee next to the NC border would be great for snow and no state income tax in Tennessee.

Just looked at the 18z GFS and honestly I still think it's on crack. That is a lot of players on the field and it's still not showing the right outcome. Will it change to a snowy look, I don't know; but it's going to change....

I agree, models may not pick up on a true storm until 72 hours or less. lot on the field, there's got to be a home run in the mix! right?

Archived