BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It goes well back north of us Sat pm and Sunday though .. Or do you mean next week?

Next week it tries to move back south from Maine, but may not get much past BOS if at all. It probably depends how strong that thing gets near Myrtle Beach. If it's weak then ridging won't be strong and the front may move south. 

Wait, you mean there's a shot we never cool off mid week if it stays north?

No totally different. They'll be a high building down ahead of a low in the Midwest.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2015050718/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_15.png

The real fropa comes after the low passes by to our north.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2015050718/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_25.png

Overnight models were pretty dry overall. Moisture from the TD gets shunted SE and the front hangs to the north where a more significant wave developes and impacts mainly NNE . We could use a good soaking and not just a few showers with a FROPA.

This really really blows man. I was talking to a buddy of mine that owns a landscaping business last night at softball.. and he said normally they are cutting the good lawns 2x per week this time of year. he said they just finished spring cleanups last week and started mowing this week.Many  people have been calling them not to come mow as the grass stopped growing. he agreed that he's seeing a lot of stressed lawns already and said when they do mow  it;s nothing but dust..Had to send a couple of his guys home early because they were having trouble breathing from all the dust/pollen..even with wearing masks. A bad situation quickly getting worse as warm pattern continues

As usual, massive airmass changes and nothing much to show for it. Welcome to suck ass New England in the summer. So exciting!

Well in this case..Ana is screwing us...Robbing all the available moisture and keeping it offshore..so we're left with petering out sprinkles and no dynamics as the front moves thru. I see Wed and Thurs being Red flag or critical fire days next week.

Well in this case..Ana is screwing us...Robbing all the available moisture and keeping it offshore..so we're left with petering out sprinkles and no dynamics as the front moves thru. I see Wed and Thurs being Red flag or critical fire days next week.

We suck in the summer. Horrible time of year.

I can see a lot of uninformed people this weekend jumping into the car with mom and driving down to the shore to enjoy an early summer type environment only to be shrouded with clouds and fog .

happens all the time here even on nice days...it's 75 in the northern part of town where I live so folks will bring a nice picnic down to the beach and it's 55 with a seabreeze blowing!   Takes till June to really get rid of the chill down there (unless you have a good west wind blowing)

I can see a lot of uninformed people this weekend jumping into the car with mom and driving down to the shore to enjoy an early summer type environment only to be shrouded with clouds and fog .

We suck in the summer. Horrible time of year.

Meh, to each his own... 

I think these events are interesting.  It shows the on-going dynamic aspect of weather.  Front came through here in Ayer (30 mile WNW of BOS as the crow flies) around 11:30 AM... Temp was 77, now 70 ...sun off-sets for awhile.  That, in its self, is interesting, and is what Meteorology is really about.  

Anyway, the NAM model nailed this whole thing with panache.  It has it's uses, though rare ...haha.  I am also wondering, the antecedent air mass is so dry, and satellite is so clear even into the GOM, we may weather this incursion with limited/no strata/fog? Sometimes that happens, and if so ...it parlays into the following.

The NAM FRH grid really argues for Albany like high temperatures to realize as far E as 495 tomorrow. If we do manage a sun-up that is primarily cloud free, and the wind comes around to S like the NAM has it (even at Logan!) right around 12z, than that 18C 1000 mb temp on the grid at Logan may be restricted pretty far E.  I don't buy huge southcoast contamination with light wind field, either.  We'll see, but current suspicion is that tomorrow isn't as mucked in the mire as a few were advertising yesterday.  

Archived