Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet somehow most of us still have 10+ of snowpack left as we near April 1 lol..  One for the ages and  will be remembered as the best as we get older and suffer thru some bad ones from time to time

Yeah this isn't even close. Never have I seen a pack like this so late.

Our son's first game was scheduled for 4/11. 12-15" of snow on the fields in Gardner and some if those are horror shows in a regular spring

Goal deep mud

I am just dreading mud season. All i can think of is the cleats and the wet grass and mud just covering every inch of them tracking it everywhere. Big blankets down on car floors to save the mats and rugs

And yet somehow most of us still have 10+ of snowpack left as we near April 1 lol.. One for the ages and that will be remembered as the best as we get older and suffer thru some bad ones from time to time

I'd probably still rate 92-93 and 00-01 as better overall winters for me, but the 3 week blitz that happened this winter won't be rivaled.

Def for you and for folks in Boston down to south shore this is best of all time.

I actually broke my dam scraper this morning. Wonder if I will ever need it again this season.

Nice pics Kev. Similar look at home, only more snow on trees and less on street.

My neighbor came home to check on the house as she lives with her mom now. I wonder what she thinks about the random footprints in her yard. :lol:

remote starting heating car Windows ftw

I'd probably still rate 92-93 and 00-01 as better overall winters for me, but the 3 week blitz that happened this winter won't be rivaled.

Def for you and for folks in Boston down to south shore this is best of all time.

The crazy thing is my daughters think these snowy winters and monster storms are normal. I mean they are 9 and 11 and think of all the huge storms they have seen. It took me until I was in my late 30's to see a storm like we had in 2011. I wasn't in CT in 78..I lived in Central NJ. They think this is normal to have these 100 inch winters. 2 of the last 3 with 100+. hopefully we don't have  a stretch of 1980's in our future..but when and if we do..it's going to be painful

Nice. Much better.  That band setup shop for a couple of hours there. Sweet look.

I just went to the snow table thread and had to lol at the fact that Weymouth is second on that list.  Unreal.

Then seeing me just slightly higher than the middle of that chart with 100"  ...100" in the MIDDLE of that chart, and not near the top 1/3rd, as such a total would be in past winters.  What an unbelievable stretch.

Still plenty of snow in my yard here in Ashford, although yesterday there were plenty of bare areas around town.  My yard is heavily shaded though; I have as low as 6" in my more sun exposed areas, with as much as 17" in my heavily shaded backyard

Front yard:

3c80ba89-98dc-4581-9da1-968371abd80e_zps

Snow depth in front yard (12" if you can't make it out; of course, it varies a lot between spots):

883ac010-9fac-40dc-9b9a-8c414a6241ab_zps

Back yard, which slopes to the northeast.  The area closest to the woods receives pretty much no sunlight.

fd94e128-54fc-4e0d-b9d8-34de83595513_zps

Impressive snow depth measurement in the backyard; I didn't expect this much (just about 17")!  I bet there are some spots with even more.

a6f7b351-1188-4fa7-8822-3d71dd7d8ec9_zps

Hopefully I'll still have some left for Easter :whistle: IIRC, in mid-March 2011, I still had up to 8 inches snow in my backyard during nearly 70 degree weather (or at least mid 60s).  I remember going all around the area and I couldn't find a patch of snow anywhere.  The glacier in my backyard didn't melt until the beginning of April that year.  Snow just doesn't want to melt in my backyard, lol.

Archived