• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Yup.  I dropped 40lbs as of last Fall.  Packed 10lbs back on this Winter.  I'm right in the range I need to be, just need to tone it up.  As soon as I get caught up with yard work it's back to the gym.  I was going religiously up until January when I tweaked my lower back squatting.  Going to have to change up my routine when I go back as I don't want to risk that again.

Seated leg press. Gets a great burn going and easier on the body.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see it on the river hydrographs. Runoff leads to a peak just after 00z, and as melt slows down overnight flow drops off just after 12z.

attachicon.gifSwiftR.jpeg

Great stuff... yeah I never really realized it as much until I've been going down with the puppy a couple times a day.  Amazing the diurnal variations in our relatively small river that drains the east slope of Mansfield.  It really gets flowing on these sunny warm afternoons, and as the river twists and turns, I'm probably at least 5 miles of river from the snow melt zone.

Also cool to see in the summer if a T-storm gets held up over the mountain and drops a quick 1-2" while the sun is out here in town...like 2 hours later the river will turn into a muddy torrent for like an hour and then will go back down as that mountain run-off moves through.

Seated leg press. Gets a great burn going and easier on the body.

Yup.  I dropped 40lbs as of last Fall.  Packed 10lbs back on this Winter.  I'm right in the range I need to be, just need to tone it up.  As soon as I get caught up with yard work it's back to the gym.  I was going religiously up until January when I tweaked my lower back squatting.  Going to have to change up my routine when I go back as I don't want to risk that again.

i am big fan of squatting if proper form is used for improving core strength. other good moves are front squats, cleans, power cleans (explosiveness). also plyo moves  like box jumps (negative box jumps), ankle hops, etc . there are  lots single legs moves like Romanian dead lifts, reverse lunge, Bulgarian split squat, etc.  dead lifts are a good hinge move on back day. bottom line, shock the muscles, by doing different movements, different weights, different reps to get the max benefit. oh and make sure you stretch and do Self-myofascial release - really helps minimize muscle injuries

This may be the fastest leaf out in world history. From bare twigs to fully formed quarter sized leaves on poplars and some maples in about 3 days. Impressive considering my forsythia isn't even close to blooming.

Crazy about the forsythia. Down here right on the coast we are 2 weeks behind urban NYC (cold ocean) but the forsythia has came and went before leaf out

Didn't realize there were that many weather meatheads. :weight_lift:  j/k

Pull ups, Squats, Deadlifts, benchpress/dips, overhead press----pillars of strength training.

Those basics will get you results--add in additional training as you deem helpful--running/sprints, yoga, box jumps, sports,plyo, etc. If you want a 6 pack, its all about the kitchen, not the gym.

I wouldn't toss it yet

Euro has taken it to the woodshed the last few weeks though

All winter we heard the EURO and GGEM were way too amped out past day 5 if they brought a front further north than desired...now because we are in "summer mode", those amped up solutions with super ridges along the east coast are of course right.

2 months ago, we'd be riding the colder GFS with possible snow (look at that CAD!), over the EURO and GGEM ripping a front north to Quebec City lol. 

All winter we heard the EURO and GGEM were way too amped out past day 5 if they brought a front further north than desired...now because we are in "summer mode", those amped up solutions with super ridges along the east coast are of course right.

2 months ago, we'd be riding the colder GFS with possible snow (look at that CAD!), over the EURO and GGEM ripping a front north to Quebec City lol.

Yeah... not sure why the GFS was doing well in the winter vs the Euro vs now...but as Blizz mentioned, (I have only seen what Ryan M has tweeted), it is getting spanked

It depends on the user/poster and their word choice, of course .. but there is no bias in the observation:  The GFS lost its cookies when the pattern turned away from the -EPO dominated cold, N-stream flow type way back in the first half of March. But ur right -- during the big five weeks, the GFS was scoring events left and right ... 

It's hesitated to let go of any scenario, since, however where-ever and whenever the N stream may play a role ... tending more frequently to over model said role. 

Not saying the Euro is is the be-all model, but as far as this warm up this week goes?  yeah, the GFS was also late to party with this deal... Remember, it had the snow storm for last Friday back when it was only 132 hours out ?  That's an example of it's N-stream bullying that's been plaguing its late middle range.  

What obfuscates this is that the Euro/GGEM still have the amplitude bias you mention -- they just don't do so with as much aggressiveness as of late.  

Archived