Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSUHoffman was right. The south trend is alive and well. Not what I wanted to see this morning.

MoCo through southern HoCo up into AA County will be the jackpot... again lol.

the NAM just gave you 6 or more? what kind of expectations do you weenies have? 

Good. I will post 1000 pictures of my 6.5" compared to your lowly 5.9". 

PSUHoffman was right. The south trend is alive and well. Not what I wanted to see this morning.

MoCo through southern HoCo up into AA County will be the jackpot... again lol.

Eh, whatever. We have different views on this storm. Personally, I wouldn't be satisfied if this turns into a 4-5" storm while places south (but nearby) get 6"+.

But that's just me.

Youre right, we have different views. So, you go on and worry yourself to death and then cry when you don't get 6". 

Eh, whatever. We have different views on this storm. Personally, I wouldn't be satisfied if this turns into a 4-5" storm while places south (but nearby) get 6"+.

But that's just me.

my view of March snow is to either go big or go home.

You make an interesting point. I've tried to learn the subtleties and biases of each of the models by listening/reading here over the past several years, but -- has anyone found (or published research on) a more comprehensive write-up/comparison of the global and supplemental models? I've polled The Google on this several times in recent months, but haven't found anything particularly "meaty." Just curious.

I like how the Euro is king until it shows a good solution then some people rush to ignore it for crappier models that show less good solutions.

Doesn't DCA need about 3" to get to climo?  

2" I think.. maybe 1.9" after the 0.1" in the ice storm.. I think that's what they measured.  I'm  shooting for March climo first. ;)

Archived