Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 3-4th Winter Storm Potential

OntarioChaser

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 2.5" of snow before the flip to sleet. It changed real quick about an hour ago and is now mod freezing rain. Nasty, nasty day.

I may be in the minority, but 13-14" dense snowpack with a protective glaze on top will elicit NO complaints from me in early March. One more week to enjoy DEEP winter before seasonable weather starts to melt us out.

I may be in the minority, but 13-14" dense snowpack with a protective glaze on top will elicit NO complaints from me in early March. One more week to enjoy DEEP winter before seasonable weather starts to melt us out.

Top inch or so is rock hard now. Just went outside to see and its all heavily glazed over. It'll negate much melting tonight.

Yeah it's pretty slick out there.  I just try to walk on grass as much as possible but at some point you have to walk on concrete. 

No lie, I saw one kid here crawl on his hands and knees on the pavement. A little over the top I think. :D

No, surprisingly. :lol: Unless I'm going to get 4-6"+ of sleet (which I've seen...it's pretty damn impressive).

low end +SN here in London. (looks like 2" or so down).

I never even seen an 1" of sleet in a single storm.  Man 4"-6" would be incredible. Sleet seems to be a quick transition thing only in this area.  I don't ever recall a sleet storm in all my years here.

So 2-3" looks to be the average snowfall total in Metro Detroit, all of which fell in about 3 hours.

Not a bad event at all, all things considered. Even an overachierver for many areas.

Not a bad 'dime' storm.  Would have been nice to remain all snow as it could have been a decent 4-8" system.

I never even seen an 1" of sleet in a single storm.  Man 4"-6" would be incredible. Sleet seems to be a quick transition thing only in this area.  I don't ever recall a sleet storm in all my years here.

Keep in mind I had never seen an inch of sleet in a storm until GHD1, which far surpassed that.  It's just hard to do and when big sleet happens, the band is usually much narrower than the snow.   

Keep in mind I had never seen an inch of sleet in a storm until GHD1, which far surpassed that. It's just hard to do and when big sleet happens, the band is usually much narrower than the snow.

we do snow here great. We suck at sleet and ice. Always just enough to make travel a nightmare. Never seen more than a half inch of sleet here

Keep in mind I had never seen an inch of sleet in a storm until GHD1, which far surpassed that.  It's just hard to do and when big sleet happens, the band is usually much narrower than the snow.   

I figure so just honestly didn't here of that happening until I got onto these weather boards.  In my 40 something years of tracking weather mainly in MI I haven't heard of a 4-6" sleet feast in MI.  Of course the right opportunity may have yet to present itself here as 40 something years is just a grain of sand on a beach when it comes to weather.

Archived