• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March 3-4th Winter Storm Potential

OntarioChaser

I don't think will get above 32 sitting at 1.3" so far but these reports to the SW of IP is discouraging. 

I am getting enormous snowflakes but there is just now some IP mixed in.  You could tell instantly with IP mixed in as my visibility was 1/4 mile then suddenly rose to about 1 mile.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KYIP is reporting sleet.

So yeah, the end is definitely near. Might pick up about 2-3" before then though.

Icing threat really looks ominous now given the radar and temps still in the low/mid 20@.

I hope to remain sleet over Ice (right now I am silver dollar sized flakes with some IP mixed in). I already had one ice storm and don't want another especially with it windy out.

I am getting enormous snowflakes but there is just now some IP mixed in.  You could tell instantly with IP mixed in as my visibility was 1/4 mile then suddenly rose to about 1 mile.

Yup... it flipped to sleet.

The best snowfall rates always come before the flip to sleet.

It has been waffling here and now back to mostly snow but I don't expect it to last (sure would happy if it some how did :lol: )

Its been going back and forth here as well from that mid winter look snowfall to parachutes. Great boxing match so far. 

To be expected but I thought we would hang to pure snowfall for a little longer then this. No pingers here yet but what you get is what I get 30-45 mins later...

Yeah the changeover was a bit quick.  Oh well it is not like the models made this to be anything spectacular anyway.

Per CC looks to be mostly sleet in that band...Anyways, 3-4.5" reports over Kenosha and Racine counties this morning.

I can definitely verify that! Cold air was a bit deeper up this way, didn't switch to sleet until after 8am.

Roads are a nightmare, but at least the freezing rain was kept to a minimum. About 2.8" fell at home.

Archived