• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
March Into Not A Morch Pattern Discussion

Damage In Tolland

The brief warmup post-weekend looks more robust than last week to me but it doesn't really change the general thinking of a pretty cool/stormy look for much of the 2nd half of the month.

Yeah that snuck in, but I do recall a run or two showing something like that. I think the 00z ensembles on the 5th showed a brief warm up...but I mean overall this week hasn't shown any surprises. And yeah...after later next week...looks pretty good for some last minute chances.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that snuck in, but I do recall a run or two showing something like that. I think the 00z ensembles on the 5th showed a brief warm up...but I mean overall this week hasn't shown any surprises. And yeah...after later next week...looks pretty good for some last minute chances.

I hope we get another plowable event or two.

As impressive as that three week stretch was, these last four weeks have been every bit as dissapointing.

Just rotting snowpack as I've watched whiff, after whiff.

Seems as though the best winters of late never fail to crawl out the door.

You handling things ok?

I think him and Logan11 are cuddling in a corner somewhere. 

I go back and forth. As much as I enjoy the deep snow in March...keeping my son busy with all this snow has been a challenge. Our daycare lady broke her shoulder falling on ice so it's been a scramble since last week to plug people in to watch him. Between that, the awful commutes and lots of indoor play...it's losing its appeal real quick. Of course I'll always enjoy a late season storm.

But not always... There are seasons of yore that conquered seasonal averages as late as the ides of April. In 1956, there was winter that was rather banal as far as sensible winter production; until March.  Some three or four 12" coastal juggernauts took that season above average (correct me if I am wrong Jerry -- this was told to me by Harv).  

1956 was classic for late winter rescue.  At our NNJ home we had 24" on 3/18-19 then a 12" birch bender in April.  March 1956 was BDL's snowiest month (43" in a 76" winter) until Jan 2011 smashed the record.

Interesting read here. Goes with our thinking of pack intact into April. He also doesn't factor in more snow fall

Dave Epstein ‏@growingwisdom  1h

Milder Air Will Melt More Snow This Week, But We Are Still Weeks Away From Bare Ground http://fw.to/ksHQpAG

LC has had a pretty good winter, and is on board with our equinox thoughts.

Deal with it.

Best regards, RS.

No I won't deal with it. I'm not going to deal with anything.

-SCHWARTZ

:lol:

That incited one of Will's only three meltdowns on record.

1)LC denying the pattern change in 2/'07

2)The EURO people being data nazis circa the winter of 2009.

3)The final nail in the coffin of a very frustrating 2010 season, as he missed 30" of snow by about .2C...just lost as it as the 32.0000000001 style rain was pouring down.

He's due.

:lol:

That incited one of Will's only three meltdowns on record.

1)LC denying the pattern change in 2/06

2)The EURO people being data nazis

3)The final nail in the coffin of a very frustrating 2010 season, as he missed 30" of snow by about .2C...just lost as it as the 32.0000000001 style rain was pouring down.

LOL..he doesn't have many..but when he has them..he makes sure they are unforgettable.

Sammy says YES I AM

Sam Lillo ‏@splillo  7m

Model agreement on redeveloping large blocking ridge from Alaska northward. Hey New England, enjoy another month of winter storms.

More EPO dependent this go around....PNA not as robust.

Spells gradient to me....and perhaps more transient cold shots.

They won't penentrate as deeply south, nor for as extended of a duration.

Fine by me after having Groton to DC jack for a month.

Tick tock tick tock ...

ENERGY AND ASSOCIATED INLAND GULF
MOISTURE SURGE INTERACTION WITH MORE UNCERTAIN NRN STREAM ENERGY
DIGGING INTO THE N-CENTRAL TO NERN US HEADING INTO THIS WEEKEND.
THE EXTENT OF ERODING OF AMBIENT SURFACE COLD AIR ACROSS THE
MIDWEST AND DAMMED TO THE EAST OF THE APPALACHIANS REMAINS TRICKY
IN THIS LATE WINTER/EARLY SPRING CROSSOVER PATTERN.

Tippy hates snow  :weep:

No... I hate subjective wish-casting ... and particularly, efforts to locate anything resembling one's bias, and then push THAT as though it were the only indicators..

Christ, some of you would have Fox News envious -

And what makes it worse is when a winter storm then happens by dumb stupid luck, and it enables the spin doctors.

No... I hate subjective wish-casting ... and particularly, efforts to locate anything resembling one's bias, and then push THAT as though it were the only indicators..

And what makes it worse is when a winter storm then happens by dumb stupid luck, and it enables the spin doctors.

In fairness the post from ncep you posted is talking about mar 14-15 threat...not the same as the tweets talking about a major EPO dive beyond that time frame.

In fairness the post from ncep you posted is talking about mar 14-15 threat...not the same as the tweets talking about a major EPO dive beyond that time frame.

there's a disconnect. Nice strat warming to go along with what everyone in the Met field thinks is coming for the end of the month.

Tick tock tick tock ...

ENERGY AND ASSOCIATED INLAND GULF

MOISTURE SURGE INTERACTION WITH MORE UNCERTAIN NRN STREAM ENERGY

DIGGING INTO THE N-CENTRAL TO NERN US HEADING INTO THIS WEEKEND.

THE EXTENT OF ERODING OF AMBIENT SURFACE COLD AIR ACROSS THE

MIDWEST AND DAMMED TO THE EAST OF THE APPALACHIANS REMAINS TRICKY

IN THIS LATE WINTER/EARLY SPRING CROSSOVER PATTERN.

We're good here through the first week of April.

I'm not speaking to specific threats ... I'm talking about the general attitude and modis operendi that goes on around here.

But that aside ... that's why I suggested for folks to really consider that weekend onward time frame as have two events... I see it at least as possible that the wet or white shallow wave type deal exits, lulls, then if the GFS is onto something, something reinvigorated. 

best post of the day

Archived